Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I'm not that brave yet! I do, however, remember a technique a friend used years ago.
Joined: Dec 14, 2005
Posted to Thread #29437 at 9:49 pm on Feb 16, 2017
instead of dipping the chiles in the batter, he spooned a bed of batter into the hot oil, set the chile upon it, then spooned more batter on top.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29437. REC: Diana Kennedy's Chiles Rellenos. I've been enjoying my earth oven for baking bread lately [LINK] - Joe - 2:24pm on 02/14/17 (19)
- This is how I remember a Mexican neighbor once making them for me. . . - mistral - 5:37pm on 02/14/17
- A lovely memory. I'm curious, were they stuffed with cheese or picadillo? - Joe - 6:42pm on 02/14/17
- Joe, thanks for sharing this. My mom and dad made chile rellanos the same way as your mom - - LisainLA - 8:48pm on 02/14/17
- My mom went crazy when she married my dad and moved to California. She loved Mexican food - Joe - 10:46pm on 02/14/17
- When our kids were little, we used to go to Tia Maria's. It was somewhere along the CA coastline - KarenNoCA - 12:19pm on 02/15/17
- Mexican food was a staple in our CA house! We had enchiladas for Christmas every year - MariaDNoCA - 12:50am on 02/17/17
- Maria - so sad about your auntie. I feel the same about my mom, not sure she would be able - LisainLA - 7:36pm on 02/18/17
- What a great food and family memory! We used to go to a place in Long Beach right off - LisainLA - 7:34pm on 02/18/17
- This brought back a flashback of the women cooks at Rancho de Chimayo. Their - MarilynFL - 9:47am on 02/16/17
- I'm not that brave yet! I do, however, remember a technique a friend used years ago. - Joe - 9:49pm on 02/16/17
- Cool technique, thanks Joe. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 9:30pm on 02/17/17
- This is the method my mom and dad used when frying the rellanos, they used this really old beat up - LisainLA - 7:29pm on 02/18/17
- Roast some poblanos in your super cool oven (John and I are jealous - orchid - 12:56pm on 02/19/17
- I have another recipe, Chiles en Nogada, which is just that, served cold, with a cream/nut sauce [LINK] - Joe - 2:34pm on 02/19/17
- We would if we didn't live in this *%^(@# condo now! ...*pouting* [NT] - orchid - 3:59pm on 02/19/17
- Bummer. Sorry. [NT] - Joe - 5:55pm on 02/19/17
- I'm with you, Orchid, I realllly want one of Joe's oven in my back yard to turn out - Pat-NoCal - 8:40pm on 02/19/17