Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I just ordered some of his others. I loved his humor and his curiosity--not at all preachy.
Joined: Dec 14, 2005
Posted to Thread #29439 at 11:54 am on Feb 17, 2017
He must have revised his approach to Gluten because this one has a whole section on making bread. But it is long-fermented sourdough bread with stone-milled grain. I tried it last weekend and it was pretty good--I need to work on the consistency. There is some evidence that it is not gluten per se that people are sensitive to, but modern wheat and commercial yeast, and the fast-track approach to modern bread making that doesn't allow for fermentation.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29439. I just finished reading Michael Pollan's book, "Cooked," after watching his Netflix series [LINK] - Joe - 7:48pm on 02/14/17 (6)
- I love his books. Last night I listed to a program in which the male guest was speaking about - KarenNoCA - 10:14am on 02/17/17
- I just ordered some of his others. I loved his humor and his curiosity--not at all preachy. - Joe - 11:54am on 02/17/17
- I've noticed some of the bread in the H-E-B bakery have "natural leaven" on the label. I asked what - Curious1 - 3:30pm on 02/17/17
- I believe "sourdough" and "natural leaven" are the same. They're a collection of yeasts and bacteria [LINK] - Joe - 4:11pm on 02/17/17
- Joe, thanks so much for the information and the link. Very helpful. [NT] - Curious1 - 5:16pm on 02/18/17
- Any time! I'm learning as I go here. [NT] - Joe - 10:04pm on 02/18/17