Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Heck, even Campbell's Tomato Soup can be a killer soup with the addition of a bit of Umami!
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #29481 at 7:19 pm on Mar 14, 2017
Because of lack of time, I served it one time to lunch guests, with grilled cheese sandwiches, fancy ones, of course and they thought the soup was home made! Then there are the boxed Tomato and Red Bell Pepper Soups out now, especially the organic ones that are awesome, again with that added Umami. It can be a good Sherry Wine, a good Balsamic, or any other secret ingredient you can conjure up. Even a good heavy cream.....Yum!
(I think I am turning into Ina Garten, with all the "good" ingredients!
~*Many things will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those*~
Other messages in this thread:
- 29481. Made Cathy Z's Baked Creamy Zucchini for our Bible study group tonight. Excellent! [LINK] - Michael in Phoenix - 12:34am on 03/14/17 (15)
- Glad you liked it. Ah the wonder of adding a can of cream of chicken soup.... - CathyZ from Kauai - 11:36am on 03/14/17
- Which is why I love this site, because we "can" use cream of something soup - KarenNoCA - 12:04pm on 03/14/17
- (I saw what you did there, Karen. ;} ) [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 12:09pm on 03/14/17
- Yes we can can [NT] - deb-in-MI - 12:25pm on 03/14/17
- well then, you may as well go for Sodom and Gomorrah Casserole with can, can, can. [LINK] - MarilynFL - 1:49pm on 03/14/17
- LOL - and, if the salt does end up getting you;the name can be changed to "Kick the Can Casserole" [NT] - deb-in-MI - 3:06pm on 03/14/17
- You ladies make Fanny Brice look like a wallflower. [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 5:28pm on 03/14/17
- If you had the time you could totally do a lot to this dish to lower the salt - KarenNoCA - 3:28pm on 03/14/17
- Nah, ya need to cut the salt by subbing a can of sour cream in for one for the mushroom soups . . . - mistral - 9:54pm on 03/15/17
- I have no fear of that either! Especially since there is no more salt added. As long... - Michael in Phoenix - 12:07pm on 03/14/17
- OOOH! gotta try the can of soup in my next batch, and with the chicken, it sounds great! (nt) [NT] - mistral - 9:52pm on 03/15/17
- Ya cannot beat it as a fairly neutral savory binder! (nt) [NT] - mistral - 4:28pm on 03/14/17
- Heck, even Campbell's Tomato Soup can be a killer soup with the addition of a bit of Umami! - KarenNoCA - 7:19pm on 03/14/17
- My biggest beef with Campbells Cream of Tomato is that it is so gawd-almighty sweet. . . - mistral - 9:51pm on 03/15/17
- It used to be my after school snack, and I still love it although not all - Charley - 11:29am on 03/16/17