Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Marilyn, with your inspiration, I finally tried the recipe for Maya Angelou's Chicken Livers
Joined: Dec 14, 2005
Posted to Thread #29491 at 4:33 pm on Mar 17, 2017
I save chicken livers in the freezer as I break down chickens, and cook them up for lunch for myself sometimes. (Jacques is not into them). This was the best version so far.
While I like liver, the celery and sherry (I used port) add a nice counterpunch to the livery-ness. My salvaged and frozen livers may not have had the best texture, and everything stuck to the pan like crazy, but I soldiered on, browing the flour while stirring and scraping furiously, and ended up with a delicious sauce.
I ate it with leftover rice, but the buttered and parsleyed noodles called for would be wonderful.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29491. Marilyn, with your inspiration, I finally tried the recipe for Maya Angelou's Chicken Livers [LINK] - Joe - 4:33pm on 03/17/17 (10)
- Great to know...my little bitty livers await & I've got port. Just can't suppress the willies yet. - MarilynFL - 7:22pm on 03/17/17
- If it really grosses you out, maybe this is not the right course! Sorry you are struggling with this [NT] - Joe - 10:14pm on 03/17/17
- No, I think if I mask it with enough stuff (onions, sauce, etc) I can do this. Realized today - MarilynFL - 12:44pm on 03/18/17
- That sounds worth a try, especially if you can spring for grass-fed. - Joe - 7:17pm on 03/18/17
- Greek seasonings are delicious on chicken livers--oregano, basil--maybe the - Charley - 12:53pm on 03/19/17
- Does your doctor say why you can't seem to get ahead of this--other tests? - Charley - 8:17am on 03/18/17
- I eat everything on that list except for most of the meats and seafood. - MarilynFL - 12:46pm on 03/18/17
- Another idea for the liver would be Mexican Style liver & onions with tomato & chile - Melissa Dallas - 9:49am on 03/19/17
- I'm reading a book on anemia and pretty much EVERYTHING I eat is an inhibitor - MarilynFL - 4:46pm on 03/19/17
- Yeah, but---- a lot of people eat all that also and aren't affected. NOt to say that you - Charley - 7:47am on 03/20/17