Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Don't you just HATE wasting a good piece of meat. It's like a crap shot with me...I never know
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #29492 at 2:44 pm on Mar 18, 2017
what result I'll get which is why I don't prepare much meat.
I hope the carrots and cabbage were good at least. Just think of it as a vegetarian St. Pat's Day.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
Other messages in this thread:
- 29492. Corned beef fail - where did I go wrong? - Anna_X - 2:17am on 03/18/17 (13)
- If it never boiled, maybe your crockpot is off. Are you slicing it very thin across the grain-- [NT] - Charley - 7:06am on 03/18/17
- I was unclear. My crock pot gets too hot on high and would have boiled the meat. - Anna_X - 12:41pm on 03/18/17
- Anna, sometimes corned beef is that way but...... - CathyZ from Kauai - 2:50pm on 03/18/17
- The hour on high was just to start warming the pot. It never hit a simmer then. [NT] - Anna_X - 3:24pm on 03/18/17
- Just chopping it fine today. Next year, deli meat only! [NT] - Anna_X - 3:25pm on 03/18/17
- Medium could do it too, Anna. You said you started high then went to medium. - CathyZ from Kauai - 3:38pm on 03/18/17
- I appreciate your suggestion as I'm still figuring out meats at age 67! - Anna_X - 4:13pm on 03/18/17
- Yes, that is the knock on the "newer" units--they get 'way too hot and - Charley - 12:47pm on 03/19/17
- Don't you just HATE wasting a good piece of meat. It's like a crap shot with me...I never know - MarilynFL - 2:44pm on 03/18/17
- According to Cooks Country, they say corned beef needs long and slow, not boiled. [NT] - KarenNoCA - 3:13pm on 03/18/17
- I remember Cook's Illustrated testing crock pots. Most of the low end and standard... - Michael in Phoenix - 7:46pm on 03/18/17
- A few months ago, and after watching the reviews on the new stove top safe models - KarenNoCA - 10:44am on 03/19/17
- Sometimes, you get a bad piece of meat... - Richard in Cincy - 9:16pm on 03/20/17