Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|CathyZ from Kauai||
Medium could do it too, Anna. You said you started high then went to medium.
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #29492 at 7:38 pm on Mar 18, 2017
What I said was to start on low and let it go many hours then raise the heat. I do understand that putting it on high just heated it up (in my slow cooker an hour more than heats it up- it brings it to a boil) but you said you went to medium and I am just offering a suggestion for next time.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29492. Corned beef fail - where did I go wrong? - Anna_X - 6:17am on 03/18/17 (13)
- If it never boiled, maybe your crockpot is off. Are you slicing it very thin across the grain-- [NT] - Charley - 11:06am on 03/18/17
- I was unclear. My crock pot gets too hot on high and would have boiled the meat. - Anna_X - 4:41pm on 03/18/17
- Anna, sometimes corned beef is that way but...... - CathyZ from Kauai - 6:50pm on 03/18/17
- The hour on high was just to start warming the pot. It never hit a simmer then. [NT] - Anna_X - 7:24pm on 03/18/17
- Just chopping it fine today. Next year, deli meat only! [NT] - Anna_X - 7:25pm on 03/18/17
- Medium could do it too, Anna. You said you started high then went to medium. - CathyZ from Kauai - 7:38pm on 03/18/17
- I appreciate your suggestion as I'm still figuring out meats at age 67! - Anna_X - 8:13pm on 03/18/17
- Yes, that is the knock on the "newer" units--they get 'way too hot and - Charley - 4:47pm on 03/19/17
- Don't you just HATE wasting a good piece of meat. It's like a crap shot with me...I never know - MarilynFL - 6:44pm on 03/18/17
- According to Cooks Country, they say corned beef needs long and slow, not boiled. [NT] - KarenNoCA - 7:13pm on 03/18/17
- I remember Cook's Illustrated testing crock pots. Most of the low end and standard... - Michael in Phoenix - 11:46pm on 03/18/17
- A few months ago, and after watching the reviews on the new stove top safe models - KarenNoCA - 2:44pm on 03/19/17
- Sometimes, you get a bad piece of meat... - Richard in Cincy - 1:16am on 03/21/17