Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Richard in Cincy||
I had an amazing new food today that I have never tried before: Indian Potato-Chickpea Salad
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #29495 at 6:05 pm on Mar 18, 2017
And had never heard of it. The restaurant called it Aloo Chaat Masala.
There was an off the menu lunch buffet at our neighborhood vegetarian Indian restaurant, and they were serving homestyle, "off the menu" today. The place was packed with about 100 Indians and 10 occidentals.
The mushroom curry on vegetable Biryani and the fried cauliflower with Mongolian sauce were also standouts, but this Indian Potato Salad was out of this world yummy! It was so delicious I'm still thinking about it.
I found a recipe for it that has all of ingredients I detected except for diced cucumber, but no problem to add that to the vegetables. Everything else in the recipe on the link is spot on what I detected in the dish as I was eating it.
I cannot wait to make this for summer picnics and barbeques. It is totally wow on the big bold taste. I loved the contrast of textures with the soft vegetables and the crunchy noodles (the version I had had a mixture of cut up paratha pieces that had been baked crisp and vermicelli that had been fried like chow mein noodles.
If you're looking for a very unusual and tasty new dish to wow your friends and family. Try this one.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29495. I had an amazing new food today that I have never tried before: Indian Potato-Chickpea Salad [LINK] - Richard in Cincy - 6:05pm on 03/18/17 (5)
- Thanks Richard, I was just looking for an interesting salad for an upcoming BBQ [NT] - barb_b - 10:35am on 03/19/17
- Sounds delicious. It would never have occurred to me to combine chickpeas and potatoes. [NT] - Joe - 1:40pm on 03/20/17
- Me neither, but it is just divine. I can't wait to casually set it out at the next barbeque - Richard in Cincy - 5:52pm on 03/20/17
- Wow, wow, wow! Thank-you for sharing your - colleenmomof2 - 12:13pm on 03/27/17
- Let us know how it turned out. I'm making another batch for a birthday cookout tomorrow. [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 11:52am on 04/08/17