Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
RCP: Honey Maple Roasted Carrots, from Cafe Sucre...very yum!
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #29496 at 7:06 pm on Mar 18, 2017
Honey Maple Roasted Carrots
• 2 pounds carrots, peeled and sliced on a long angle into pieces approximately 3 inches long (i never peel my carrots, buy young and scrub.)
• 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
• 2 tablespoon honey
• 1 ½ teaspoons ground coriander
• 1 teaspoon sea salt
• ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1 tablespoons sesame seeds
• 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
• 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh chives
• ½ cup pomegranate arils or seeds
1. Preheat oven to 450˚F. Lightly oil a sheet pan.
2. Place carrots on prepared pan and drizzle with olive oil, maple syrup and honey. Sprinkle with coriander, sea salt and pepper. Toss to coat (I like to use my hands for this to get them well coated, but a spatula will work too). Spread carrots out on pan in a single layer.
3. Roast for 10 minutes, then stir to redistribute. Return to oven and roast for another 15-20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Carrots are finished when they are tender and some of the edges are caramelized.
4. Sprinkle sesame seeds and herbs over carrots and stir. Taste and season with a bit more sea salt and pepper, if needed.Transfer to a serving bowl and scatter with the pomegranate arils. Serve hot.
~*Many things will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those*~
Other messages in this thread:
- 29496. RCP: Honey Maple Roasted Carrots, from Cafe Sucre...very yum! - KarenNoCA - 7:06pm on 03/18/17 (2)
- Tired eyes read RIP Honey Maple Carrots - I thought you really disliked them! ;-) [NT] - SallyBR - 7:19pm on 03/18/17
- That was funny! [NT] - barb_b - 10:29am on 03/19/17