Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Michael in Phoenix||
I remember Cook's Illustrated testing crock pots. Most of the low end and standard...
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #29492 at 7:46 pm on Mar 18, 2017
...priced models came to the same temperature whether they were set on "low" or "high". The only difference was how long it took to get there! Go figure???
The expensive models actually maintained lower temps on "low" and higher temps on "high", something I thought they all did!
Human liberty is about courage, dignity, eternal truths, and personal responsibility. Star Parker
Other messages in this thread:
- 29492. Corned beef fail - where did I go wrong? - Anna_X - 2:17am on 03/18/17 (13)
- If it never boiled, maybe your crockpot is off. Are you slicing it very thin across the grain-- [NT] - Charley - 7:06am on 03/18/17
- I was unclear. My crock pot gets too hot on high and would have boiled the meat. - Anna_X - 12:41pm on 03/18/17
- Anna, sometimes corned beef is that way but...... - CathyZ from Kauai - 2:50pm on 03/18/17
- The hour on high was just to start warming the pot. It never hit a simmer then. [NT] - Anna_X - 3:24pm on 03/18/17
- Just chopping it fine today. Next year, deli meat only! [NT] - Anna_X - 3:25pm on 03/18/17
- Medium could do it too, Anna. You said you started high then went to medium. - CathyZ from Kauai - 3:38pm on 03/18/17
- I appreciate your suggestion as I'm still figuring out meats at age 67! - Anna_X - 4:13pm on 03/18/17
- Yes, that is the knock on the "newer" units--they get 'way too hot and - Charley - 12:47pm on 03/19/17
- Don't you just HATE wasting a good piece of meat. It's like a crap shot with me...I never know - MarilynFL - 2:44pm on 03/18/17
- According to Cooks Country, they say corned beef needs long and slow, not boiled. [NT] - KarenNoCA - 3:13pm on 03/18/17
- I remember Cook's Illustrated testing crock pots. Most of the low end and standard... - Michael in Phoenix - 7:46pm on 03/18/17
- A few months ago, and after watching the reviews on the new stove top safe models - KarenNoCA - 10:44am on 03/19/17
- Sometimes, you get a bad piece of meat... - Richard in Cincy - 9:16pm on 03/20/17