Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Well, it depends on when you are using the whipped cream--if you are incorporating
Joined: Aug 15, 2007
Posted to Thread #29505 at 6:19 pm on Mar 24, 2017
it into the curd, then it will still make a lot of mousse (plenty for 4) and it will still be very rich.
If you are making curd and putting a dollop of whipped cream on top it is still enough for 4 and still very rich.
Chocolate mousse (Julia's original recipe) uses butter--a LOT!!
I would not prefer the recipe you posted--it is jello, sort of.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29505. Lemon Mousse from Gail's Swap - oli - 12:44am on 03/24/17 (11)
- If it is making a curd and adding to the whipped cream, that should yield 6-8 servings. [NT] - LisainLA - 2:10am on 03/24/17
- Yes, more than 4. How are you serving it--straight as is? It is really rich. [NT] - Charley - 10:07am on 03/24/17
- I am putting the mousse in nice glass bowls. [NT] - oli - 3:27pm on 03/24/17
- Charley, have you made it before? [NT] - oli - 3:28pm on 03/24/17
- I have made lemon curd before using half that recipe and if mixed with - Charley - 4:42pm on 03/24/17
- Charley, isn't this recipe supposed to be a mousse and not a curd. I've - oli - 5:30pm on 03/24/17
- Well, it depends on when you are using the whipped cream--if you are incorporating - Charley - 6:19pm on 03/24/17
- Okay, will use your suggestion of halving the recipe. Does that include halving the whipping cream - oli - 6:26pm on 03/24/17
- OLI, please. I only used my personal experience of having a recipe that was basically - Charley - 11:08pm on 03/24/17
- Okay, here it is. Couldn't locate it through the archive, but found it by putting in a couple of - oli - 12:37am on 03/25/17
- Here is the full Trifle recipe from Epicurious if anyone is interested==> [NT] [LINK] - wigs - 6:50pm on 03/27/17