Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Okay, here it is. Couldn't locate it through the archive, but found it by putting in a couple of
Joined: Apr 13, 2006
Posted to Thread #29505 at 12:37 am on Mar 25, 2017
lines of the recipe. It was part of the recipe for Lemon, Blueberry and Gingerbread Trifles. After our conversation I was thinking I mislabled the recipe, but that's how it was labled.
I am going to make this mousse for a dinner party of four.
Make lemon mousse:
8 large yolks
1 C sugar
3/4 C lemon juice
7 T butter
1 T lemon zest
1 C heavy cream
In a heavy saucepan whisk together yolks and sugar. Add lemon juice and butter and cook over moderately low heat, whisking constantly, until butter is melted completely. Cook mixture, whisking constantly, until it just reaches the boiling point and is thickened (do not let mixture boil), 7 to 12 minutes more.
Strain lemon mixture through a fine sieve into a bowl. Stir in zest and cool mixture completely, its surface covered with plastic wrap. Chill mixture until cold, about 2 hours.
In a bowl with an electric mixer beat cream until it just holds stiff peaks. Whisk one-fourth whipped cream into lemon mixture to lighten it and fold in remaining cream gently but thoroughly. Chill mousse, covered, at least 3 hours or overnight. Mousse may be made 2 days ahead and chilled, covered.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29505. Lemon Mousse from Gail's Swap - oli - 12:44am on 03/24/17 (11)
- If it is making a curd and adding to the whipped cream, that should yield 6-8 servings. [NT] - LisainLA - 2:10am on 03/24/17
- Yes, more than 4. How are you serving it--straight as is? It is really rich. [NT] - Charley - 10:07am on 03/24/17
- I am putting the mousse in nice glass bowls. [NT] - oli - 3:27pm on 03/24/17
- Charley, have you made it before? [NT] - oli - 3:28pm on 03/24/17
- I have made lemon curd before using half that recipe and if mixed with - Charley - 4:42pm on 03/24/17
- Charley, isn't this recipe supposed to be a mousse and not a curd. I've - oli - 5:30pm on 03/24/17
- Well, it depends on when you are using the whipped cream--if you are incorporating - Charley - 6:19pm on 03/24/17
- Okay, will use your suggestion of halving the recipe. Does that include halving the whipping cream - oli - 6:26pm on 03/24/17
- OLI, please. I only used my personal experience of having a recipe that was basically - Charley - 11:08pm on 03/24/17
- Okay, here it is. Couldn't locate it through the archive, but found it by putting in a couple of - oli - 12:37am on 03/25/17
- Here is the full Trifle recipe from Epicurious if anyone is interested==> [NT] [LINK] - wigs - 6:50pm on 03/27/17