Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Been there, done similar...
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #29511 at 6:43 pm on Mar 25, 2017
But I do need to ask one question.
Why are you freezing fruitcake? Wrap it in layers of cheesecloth, keep it soaked in booze, and it keeps at room temperature for eternity...or until you eat it up, which ever comes first.
My in-laws finished the top layer of their wedding cake, which was a very traditional fruitcake, on their 40th wedding anniversary. It had been kept as described above, in an airtight tin the entire time. My MIL would sprinkle it every few months with a bit of booze.
Every good dish deserves a good pot.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29511. The freezer challenged... - Richard in Cincy - 11:54pm on 03/24/17 (24)
- LOL! I'm glad I am not the only one. - Joe - 12:22am on 03/25/17
- You made me laugh out loud! I thought I was the only one who did that! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 7:40am on 03/25/17
- My mom keeps a zip lock in the freezer for food trimmings that would get smelly before trash day - Melissa Dallas - 8:49am on 03/25/17
- OMG this is all too funny. Oh awful to think you are going to get meatloaf, and you get - KarenNoCA - 10:36am on 03/25/17
- I've often wanted to ask how folks mark their stuff. My Sharpie markings don't stay - MarilynFL - 11:30am on 03/25/17
- Marilyn, do you use "real" Zip Locks? - CathyZ from Kauai - 12:44pm on 03/25/17
- I thought I was being really smart when I started using canning jars for things that were liquid. - CynUpstateNY - 12:49pm on 03/25/17
- Plastic baggies? I use Zip Lock Freezer Bags and Food Saver bags, both have places to write on. [NT] - KarenNoCA - 3:14pm on 03/25/17
- Ah, I see *cheap* is what's doing me in. I grab whatever is on sale and must say that I despise - MarilynFL - 11:48am on 03/26/17
- Marilyn, we reuse all our zip bags. I wrap all my meats in food grade plastic wrap first [LINK] - KarenNoCA - 7:16pm on 03/26/17
- I think my Sharpie printing stays on my plastic bags--WHEN I remember to label them. lol [NT] - Charley - 7:47pm on 03/26/17
- I have these little *bead bags* for spices, so I write my notes on paper, put that in one of - MarilynFL - 9:55am on 03/27/17
- did you put catsup on it? [NT] - pmassell_93 - 11:57am on 03/25/17
- Well this is funny. Mystery meat has happened to me too. [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 12:45pm on 03/25/17
- My poor old fridge is non-functional because everything that SHOULD be in the doir - Melissa Dallas - 1:33pm on 03/25/17
- You also believe you can ooen & sniff & identify. Not true! [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 1:34pm on 03/25/17
- OMG... That was so funny! My laugh for the afternoon! [NT] - barb_b - 4:28pm on 03/25/17
- Call it fusion cuisine! and eat it with nice silverware and linen napkins... ;-) [NT] - SallyBR - 6:21pm on 03/25/17
- Been there, done similar... - judy-mass - 6:43pm on 03/25/17
- Which is exactly what I do with "that" kind of fruitcake. I've made it to 7 years... - Richard in Cincy - 7:22pm on 03/25/17
- Okay, all is forgiven! [NT] - judy-mass - 8:52pm on 03/25/17
- So I'm bad ;( - colleenmomof2 - 11:41am on 03/27/17
- Richard, that was hysterical! [NT] - wigs - 2:22pm on 03/27/17
- Chili or Spaghetti Sauce??? - Music City Missy - 6:32pm on 04/02/17