Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Made the most beautiful crème fraîche...very thick and creamy and used it in
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #29514 at 5:11 pm on Mar 26, 2017
Orange and Chocolate Scones from "Vanilla Bean Baking Book." I have the dough all prepped, but haven't baked it yet. Will post results later.
2 Cups heavy cream
1/2 C buttermilk.
Mix, put in a 1 QT canning jar and set aside on the counter covered with several thicknesses of cheesecloth held in place rim of canning jar. Give it a swirl every now and then. I made this on Friday and it was super-thick by this morning. Once the scones are baked we'll see how it works out.
Meanwhile, here is Sarah Kieffer's blog and just about every OTHER scone than the one I picked.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
Other messages in this thread:
- 29514. Made the most beautiful crème fraîche...very thick and creamy and used it in [LINK] - MarilynFL - 5:11pm on 03/26/17 (6)
- Thank you, I am so tired of trying to find it around here, and when I do find it, just not seems up - KarenNoCA - 1:57am on 03/27/17
- Karen, here are a few more facts: I used organic heavy cream, but - MarilynFL - 11:03am on 03/27/17
- How did the scones come out? - colleenmomof2 - 3:18pm on 03/27/17
- Dough is still in the freezer, unbaked. I doubt I'll get around to them for a bit - MarilynFL - 4:39pm on 03/27/17
- Yes, rain is sometimes the best possible weather ;) [NT] - colleenmomof2 - 4:44pm on 03/27/17
- amen, sister. [NT] - MarilynFL - 4:51pm on 03/27/17