Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Cyn, I would melt 2 TBL of butter and use only the middle part (skim
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #29515 at 1:20 pm on Mar 27, 2017
off the foam, don't use the bottom dregs and get your tablespoon from the clear, golden liquid. That way you've removed all water from the butter, making it like oil.
Plus the flavor would be better (in my opinion).
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
Other messages in this thread:
- 29515. Can I sub butter for the oil in this bread recipe? Only 1 Tbsp. This past weekend [LINK] - CynUpstateNY - 1:02pm on 03/27/17 (7)
- Cyn, I would melt 2 TBL of butter and use only the middle part (skim - MarilynFL - 1:20pm on 03/27/17
- Great idea!! Thank you! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 1:42pm on 03/27/17
- Let us know how it turns out. I carried home maple syrup from Vermont...and it turns - MarilynFL - 1:53pm on 03/27/17
- Sure--just as is or melted. You might like the bread better with more shortening it it - Charley - 2:22pm on 03/27/17
- The bread is really good. Nice texture with a hint of sweetness at the end. I attempted to [LINK] - CynUpstateNY - 6:00pm on 03/27/17
- Photo looks great. Perfect crust on that. What did you eat with it? For me, I'd have it - MarilynFL - 12:00am on 03/28/17
- Sub coffee for tea and that's what I had. Picked raspberries and made jam with them last fall - CynUpstateNY - 12:14pm on 03/28/17