Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Sous vide beets for a salad
Joined: Aug 15, 2007
Posted to Thread #29524 at 12:53 pm on Mar 30, 2017
Interesting recipe recommending sous vide as "the" way to cook beets but then with a "roast".
When I roast beets, I peel first because if you just "roast in foil and then peel" how do you get any caramelization on the beet surface. Seems to me it is just cooking them and you might as well boil with the sking on. I get very little bleeding with peeling before cooking.
Good sounding salad recipe. LOVE beets.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29524. Sous vide beets for a salad - Charley - 12:53pm on 03/30/17 (9)
- I am going to be all over this real soon.... ;-) [NT] - SallyBR - 1:01pm on 03/30/17
- By charring them in the pan after cooking he does get that caramelization I think. [NT] - Charley - 2:24pm on 03/30/17
- Usually the sous vide required further tricks for cosmetics... no big deal! ;-) [NT] - SallyBR - 2:40pm on 03/30/17
- requires... (sorry typo) [NT] - SallyBR - 2:41pm on 03/30/17
- Yes, I could see that, but I think it also speaks to my "roasting" problem when the - Charley - 4:21pm on 03/30/17
- I might try it this weekend... (more) - SallyBR - 7:25pm on 03/30/17
- At Le Florimond, their beet salad LIVES in my memory--on mache with walnuts, - Charley - 7:57pm on 03/30/17
- Remember very well! I should try and reproduce that! Great idea! [NT] - SallyBR - 12:33am on 03/31/17
- I did a cassoulet charity dinner and did do that for the salad. Love it. We - Charley - 2:28pm on 03/31/17