Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Okay, this is weird, because I wondered the same thing about soups I had at Stowe, VT.
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #29526 at 12:30 pm on Mar 31, 2017
Shaw's is a medium size store but they had a wonderful assortment of prepared soups in the deli section (16 oz tubs) which we bought, ate, and then froze the remaining tubs for later in the trip. The tomato bisque was as good as my own homemade version. When I got home I called Shaw's to ask about these soups and they said it was their own "Shaw's Signature Soups."
Since Shaw's isn't in Florida I was out of luck.
However, I thought at the time that they didn't seem that large of a company to run their own line of soups.
But now...SAFEWAY also sells soup called Safeway Signature Café soups. And lo and behold, CAMPBELL'S FOODSERVICE sells a....wait for it..."signature" line of prepared soups!
I don't know squat about foodservice foods, but I wonder if these grocery chains buy the prepped soup from Campbell's foodservice, add liquid and then package the 16 oz tubs or put in catering vats?
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29526. NoCA folks...anyone have any knowledge of the soups that Safeway makes - KarenNoCA - 11:04pm on 03/30/17 (9)
- Okay, this is weird, because I wondered the same thing about soups I had at Stowe, VT. [LINK] - MarilynFL - 12:30pm on 03/31/17
- Oh, and look...here's their Tomato Bisque! [LINK] - MarilynFL - 12:30pm on 03/31/17
- I was looking at the Campbell's display yesterday and they have a new line called,"Yes" - KarenNoCA - 2:02pm on 03/31/17
- Trader Joe's has really good soups packaged in a "milk carton" like container. - Charley - 3:10pm on 03/31/17
- Love, love, love TJ's boxed low salt, organic, veggie stock [NT] - colleenmomof2 - 4:17pm on 03/31/17
- Ditto. The only veggie stock I buy now. [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 9:24pm on 03/31/17
- I just bought TJ's fresh tomato feta. Love it! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 9:18pm on 03/31/17
- The roasted red pepper & tomato is heaven! I love the ginger miso too. [NT] - Traca - 11:38pm on 04/01/17
- They are just ok imho. [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 9:25pm on 03/31/17