Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Several links and ideas
Joined: Jun 15, 2006
Posted to Thread #29525 at 12:15 pm on Mar 31, 2017
Here are suggestions and recipes your friend might be able to use. Colleen
fruit coffee cakes
fruit pizza - roll out and top with sweetened cream chz and fruit
From Epi “Like baked cake doughnuts, baked raised doughnuts require a little more fat in their recipe. They're at their best warm out of the oven and brushed with melted butter.” Recipe/discussion at http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/baked-cake-doughnuts-51157010
Seattle Style Monkey Bread from yeasted donut scraps (great donut how-to so page down for recipe and many reviews/tips)
add milk and nutmeg to batter for muffins
baked donuts (or muffins!) with many comments and suggestions
baked in donut shaped pans or donut hole pans
baked in muffin/mini pans - lots of reviews/tips
form donuts to dinner rolls/buns
General Baked Donut Directions
1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet, or donut baking pan.
2.In a medium bowl, mix sugar, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon and flour. Mix buttermilk, eggs, honey and butter in a separate medium bowl, and stir into the dry ingredients. Spoon the mixture onto the prepared pan in doughnut shapes.
3.Bake 12 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown.
King Arthur Dessert Baked Donuts - Great reviews/tips and can also use self-rising flour
This links to King Arthur's other baked donut recipes
You can probably also bake them in muffin tins. King Arthur Flour has a recipe for baking doughnuts, and although I find they come out fairly dry, you can dip them in melted butter when they come out of the oven, and absorbing the butter makes them more like a doughnut in flavor. Then add sugar if you want.
Bayou Bakery Scrap Donugh-nut (Sticky Cinnamon Roll) Buns (from extra beignet dough - need to develop a “quick” method to do this)
page down through other recipes using leftover donuts
Other messages in this thread:
- 29525. What can you make with 50 lbs of donut mix? Besides donuts. Friend who - MarilynFL - 7:04pm on 03/30/17 (9)
- They should be able to bake with it equally well. Why don't we all take a look. [NT] - Charley - 8:23pm on 03/30/17
- How about making waffles? [NT] - KarenNoCA - 10:48am on 03/31/17
- She just told me it was donated at the elementary school food bank, not the homeless shelter. - MarilynFL - 11:12am on 03/31/17
- They should be able to make a baked donut from it. Frying would be - Charley - 11:22am on 03/31/17
- Seems to me that a lot could be done with it - CathyZ from Kauai - 11:58am on 03/31/17
- Several links and ideas - colleenmomof2 - 12:15pm on 03/31/17
- Popovers? - CathyZ from Kauai - 12:34pm on 03/31/17
- THANK YOU ALL! I've passed along suggestions and B will see the packaging this - MarilynFL - 1:09pm on 03/31/17
- If it is a cake doughnut mix, muffins and such should be able to be made from it. . . - mistral - 7:50pm on 04/01/17