Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Here is their recipe for chocolate ice cream: did yours have chips in it?
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #29530 at 1:54 pm on Apr 3, 2017
3 large egg yolks
1/4 C granulated white sugar
1.5 C heavy cream
1/2 C whole milk
4 oz Ghirardelli 70% Cacao Extra Bittersweet Chocolate baking bar, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1.In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar; set aside.
2.In a medium saucepan, heat the cream, milk, and chocolate over medium heat, whisking frequently, until the chocolate melts and the mixture is hot but not boiling. Pour this hot mixture into the egg yolk mixture whisking constantly, then return the mixture to the pan.
3.Heat over low heat to 170°F, or until the mixture coats a spoon, stirring constantly. Immediately strain into a bowl and whisk in the vanilla.
4.Cool the mixture in the refrigerator or cool by setting in a bowl of ice, whisking frequently.
5.Freeze in an ice-cream freezer according to the manufacturer's directions until the ice cream has the consistency of whipped cream.
6.Transfer to a plastic container and store in the freezer.
This ice cream is best if eaten the same day it is made. If it is frozen, let soften in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes before serving.
Marilyn's Note: They may have used two different Ghirardelli chocolate % to call it "double"...or added some of their cocoa.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
Other messages in this thread:
- 29530. Giardelli's double chocolate ice cream - Marsha tbay - 9:40pm on 03/31/17 (7)
- I went out to the Ghirardelli web site & used the "Store Locator" tab (upper right on Home pg), but [LINK] - wigs - 9:30am on 04/01/17
- I also love their chocolate pudding that I have found at WF in the bakery dept. - Melissa Dallas - 10:23am on 04/01/17
- Scratch that-it is Scharffen Berger pudding. Not Ghirardelli. [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 10:25am on 04/01/17
- YUM! Sounds right up my alley. I did find this recipe, although not double chocolate [NT] [LINK] - barb_b - 12:18pm on 04/01/17
- This one sounds good, substituting Ghirardelli cocoa and chips. (W or w/o the peanut butter) [NT] [LINK] - barb_b - 12:28pm on 04/01/17
- Here is their recipe for chocolate ice cream: did yours have chips in it? [LINK] - MarilynFL - 1:54pm on 04/03/17
- Thank you, Marilyn, there were chocolate chips on top...It was OUTSTANDING to say the least!!! [NT] - Marsha tbay - 2:33pm on 04/03/17