Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Peter Reinhart has a recipe for wild rice and onion bread that a bakery used to make into
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #29537 at 2:58 pm on Apr 5, 2017
hamburger rolls and sold to Raley's Supermarkets. It was the best hamburger bun I have ever tasted. Not only was it low calorie but it held up under the juiciest of fillings. I have tried to get some of the bakeries up here to make it but they all told me the extra step of cooking the wild rice first was too much. Raleys stopped carrying it, so I called the bakery which supplied them and was told the cost of the wild rice was the deciding factor in their decision. Not only was I disappointed but several of my friends who were hooked on it, as well.
~*Many things will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those*~
Other messages in this thread:
- oh, you lucky woman!!!! are you going???? [NT] - SallyBR - 2:30pm on 04/05/17
- No, for lots of reasons, but that would be 'way beyond my interest. I DO love that - Charley - 3:39pm on 04/05/17
- Cannot take time off for that... but I've been to one of his classes in Dallas years ago... (more) - SallyBR - 5:34pm on 04/05/17
- Peter Reinhart has a recipe for wild rice and onion bread that a bakery used to make into [LINK] - KarenNoCA - 2:58pm on 04/05/17
- Another really interesting event is the Grain Gathering. My friend was a baker at King Athur and [LINK] - Traca - 6:18pm on 04/07/17
- Boy oh boy would I like to go over this! Wish it was closer. [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 2:54pm on 04/08/17