Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I have made sauerkraut using a mix of green and red cabbage.
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #29538 at 12:13 pm on Apr 7, 2017
It turned a lovely red, almost beet, color and was delish!
It did initially put off a few people who hate beets and said they would not eat it because it contained the "dreaded red veggie". They were convinced otherwise and declared it to be wonderful.
Every good dish deserves a good pot.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29538. I have several red cabbages in the garden right now. Looking online, I found this page of recipes [LINK] - Joe - 10:07pm on 04/05/17 (14)
- Crack Slaw posted by BarbB a while ago [LINK] - CathyZ from Kauai - 11:24am on 04/06/17
- So glad you enjoy it Cathy. [NT] - barb_b - 4:48pm on 04/06/17
- It's certainly not "traditional", but could you make Stuffed Cabbage using red cabbage? I know my - barb_b - 4:47pm on 04/06/17
- OMG, I forgot about making stuffed cabbage rolls this winter, must do that this weekend, having - KarenNoCA - 10:16am on 04/07/17
- Such comfort food.... I am going to try it in the pressure cooker in a few weeks for an event. [NT] - barb_b - 7:29pm on 04/07/17
- Peppery Sautéed Cabbage & Noodles - CathyZ from Kauai - 11:04pm on 04/06/17
- Never tried red cabbage for this but how about making sauerkraut? - CathyZ from Kauai - 11:06pm on 04/06/17
- I have made sauerkraut using a mix of green and red cabbage. - judy-mass - 12:13pm on 04/07/17
- Someone told me sauerkraut with red cabbage would turn grey. Maybe they never tried it? [NT] - Joe - 10:27am on 04/08/17
- Joe, mine did not... - judy-mass - 2:47pm on 04/08/17
- Thanks! Worth a try. And I am not above eating grey sauerkraut anyway, lol! [NT] - Joe - 8:46pm on 04/08/17
- Thanks for the ideas! [NT] - Joe - 10:28am on 04/08/17
- Ideas - Music City Missy - 12:09pm on 05/18/17
- Thanks! [NT] - Joe - 12:02pm on 05/19/17