Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
This recipe like the WONderful Five Ingredient Chicken from this site uses a technique
Joined: Aug 15, 2007
Posted to Thread #29554 at 1:05 pm on Apr 13, 2017
for "braising" that is great--it gets you a crispy skin with a meltingly delicious meat by only using liquid coming up part of the side of the chicken. The skin is exposed and browns beautifully. I think the flouring and browning step could even be eliminated (as in Five Ingredient Chicken).
return all the chicken to the pan, skin side up, along with the reserved glazing liquid and between 1 and 3 cups stock or water, enough to come up the sides of the chicken but not to get them swimming.
Other messages in this thread:
- Unable to see the recipe, NYT blocks unless you are on Facebook or register [LINK] - KarenNoCA - 3:29pm on 04/12/17
- Oops,sorry about that. I guess I am perpetually logged in.I do recommend joining, it's a great site. [NT] - MoNJ - 4:25pm on 04/12/17
- This recipe might be more streamlined than the Spendid Table. - MoNJ - 4:29pm on 04/12/17
- The NYT collection of recipes is worth registering for. It's free. I signed up via email. [NT] - Traca - 5:46pm on 04/12/17
- I didn't know that! Thanks, T!! [NT] - MarilynFL - 5:51pm on 04/12/17
- I agree, the site and frequent emails of recipes has enriched my stash. :-) [NT] - Curious1 - 6:33pm on 04/12/17
- I totally agree - Pam - 8:12pm on 04/12/17
- I don't print from the site. What trouble are you having? I wonder if they know - Traca - 9:02pm on 04/12/17
- Many sites will not let you print or see the entire recipe unless you are on Facebook or you - KarenNoCA - 11:08pm on 04/12/17
- I don't link my Facebook account, but I do my email. No different than a newsletter. [NT] - Traca - 5:33am on 04/13/17
- Just did so - thanks so much for letting us know:) [NT] - deb-in-MI - 10:46am on 04/13/17
- Here's the ecipe - Sylvia - 11:07am on 04/13/17
- This recipe like the WONderful Five Ingredient Chicken from this site uses a technique - Charley - 1:05pm on 04/13/17
- Last month, my culinary group did a potluck based on David Tanis' recipes--mostly from NYTs. - Traca - 3:57pm on 04/13/17