Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
NFR-Iron Update on Marilyn's Blood Donation. It worked but...
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #29556 at 2:00 pm on Apr 13, 2017
I honestly can't figure this out. Have seriously improved my intake/timing of iron for over a month now and ferritin blood work increased from 7.08 all the way to 19.4 last Friday.
Yesterday was our work donation day and I CONFIDENTLY stuck my thumb out for the new "squeeze and read" method for checking iron level. OneBlood no longer uses needle prick readings and the minimum score to donate is 12.5.
My right thumb reading was....10.2 !!
I almost swore out loud.
[I did, however, swear inside my head.]
I put out my left thumb to be scanned and 60 seconds later it read...12.6 !
So I squeaked by to donate, but still don't understand what's going on with my body. I should have plenty of iron in me by now. In fact, I could probably make STEEL if I got too close to a Bessemer Converter.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
Other messages in this thread:
- 29556. NFR-Iron Update on Marilyn's Blood Donation. It worked but... - MarilynFL - 2:00pm on 04/13/17 (4)
- When I do finger sticks for blood glucose, it can vary a lot between tests only seconds apart. - Michael in Phoenix - 2:39pm on 04/13/17
- I've had screening nurses blame equipment used - colleenmomof2 - 6:07pm on 04/13/17
- I can't help myself... So, basically, barb_b, (i.e. me) acting as an MD, wants to know were you - barb_b - 12:42am on 04/15/17
- I do feel like I'm tipping slightly to port. [NT] - MarilynFL - 1:22pm on 04/17/17