Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Costco members - Discount on their sandwich sized croissants 'til 4/17 Monday
Joined: Jun 15, 2006
Posted to Thread #29559 at 3:24 pm on Apr 13, 2017
What a treat! Outstanding warmed with Costco rotisserie sliced breast meat, red leaf lettuce and a schmear of low fat mayo. OR tuna salad. OR fried egg. OR butter and jam ;) Froze all but 2 either sliced or chopped into eighths to use in making Croissant Breakfast Casserole from deb-in-MI :-) We use individual portion pottery bowls I bought at the Ann Arbor Art Fair just for this recipe! Colleen
Croissant Breakfast Casserole ~ by MarieAlice
This is a no fail recipe! Easy for the beginner cook, and looks very elegant. Can be doubled and tripled with no problem!
4 plain croissants
1 tablespoon butter
2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
1/4 cup sliced green onions
1 cup milk
1 cup shredded swiss cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1. Split croissants in half and place bottoms cut side up in one
layer in a rectangular casserole. (OR individual portion casserole dishes)
2. Melt butter in a fry pan.
3. Saute mushrooms and green onion until tender and liquid has
4. Set aside.
5. Beat together eggs and milk.
6. Pour half over croissants, layer mushroom mixture and cheeses on top, then pour over remaining liquid.
7. Position croissant tops over the bottoms, cut side down.
8. Let stand over night in the refrigerator.
9. Bake at 350*F for 25 to 30 minutes or until set.
10. Cover with foil if browns too quickly.
Link: deb-in-MI's Croissant Breakfast Casserole
Other messages in this thread:
- 29559. Costco members - Discount on their sandwich sized croissants 'til 4/17 Monday [LINK] - colleenmomof2 - 3:24pm on 04/13/17 (6)
- Swooning over recent batch of Chicken Noodle Soup made w/Costco [LINK] - colleenmomof2 - 3:37pm on 04/13/17
- I am so in love with Trader Joe's Low Sodium broths - judy-mass - 6:42pm on 04/13/17
- Good to know - thank you! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 6:27am on 04/14/17
- Do they taste like real chicken, veggies? So many of the other brands I have tried - KarenNoCA - 9:37am on 04/14/17
- Not like homemade but - colleenmomof2 - 12:56pm on 04/14/17
- Agreed tj's is my favorite. --- and the only veggie one I'll use. [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 4:35pm on 04/15/17