Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Lana in FL||
Broccoli, Avocado and Bell Pepper salad
Joined: Oct 9, 2007
Posted to Thread #29580 at 3:34 pm on Apr 22, 2017
You can add the dressing at the last minute. It takes quite a while for the avocado to brown, and I don't even bother to sprinkle with lemon juice.
Broccoli, Avocado and Sweet Pepper salad
350 g broccoli, trimmed (3/4 lb)
1 small red sweet (Bell) pepper, seeded and sliced into rings
1 large avocado pear, peeled and stoned (probably 2 Hass avos)
fresh lemon juice
100 ml olive or sunflower oil (less than 1/2 cup)
30 ml lemon juice ( 2 tblsp)
5 ml salt (1 tsp)
freshly ground black pepper
1 clove garlic, crushed
Steam broccoli for 4-5 minutes, or until bright green but still crunchy. Refresh under cold running water, drain and place in a bowl with pepper rings. Cut avocado pear into chunks and sprinkle with lemon juice. Combine with borccoli and pepper slices.
To make garlic vinaigrette, combine all ingredients in a screwtop jar and shake until well-blended. Toss with salad ingredients just before serving.
The dressing may be prepared a day in advance and refrigerated until needed.
From Light and Stylish by Pat Barton and Magdaleen van Wyk.
Link: Broccoli, Avocado and Bell Pepper Salad
Other messages in this thread:
- 29580. Related to my last post, I have to go to five potlucks in the next week. - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 5:16pm on 04/21/17 (13)
- Grilled and Marinated Tomatoes with Feta [LINK] - Traca - 8:50pm on 04/21/17
- Sesame Soba with Asparagus and Mushroom [NT] [LINK] - Traca - 8:52pm on 04/21/17
- Sounds great! [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 8:48pm on 04/22/17
- Cathy Z'z Baked Creamy Zucchini, while not a make-ahead, it is delicious. [NT] [LINK] - Michael in Phoenix - 2:27pm on 04/22/17
- Broccoli, Avocado and Bell Pepper salad [LINK] - Lana in FL - 3:34pm on 04/22/17
- Make ahead Layered Salad(s) [LINK] - colleenmomof2 - 3:56pm on 04/22/17
- Other versions: Pat-NoCal, barb_b and tips [LINK] - colleenmomof2 - 4:05pm on 04/22/17
- OR this Chicken Chutney Peanut one from Dawn_MO and Sunset [LINK] - colleenmomof2 - 4:09pm on 04/22/17
- Jeff's Reduced Fat Layered Salad [LINK] - colleenmomof2 - 4:16pm on 04/22/17
- Thanks so much, all! [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 8:48pm on 04/22/17
- Mexican corn salad!! OOPS! See you've already got that covered above :) [NT] - cheezz - 5:22pm on 04/25/17
- It's strawberry season - strawberry muffins. [NT] - cheezz - 5:25pm on 04/25/17