Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Hello Marilyn! I want to thank you for posting your lovely recipe for the
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #29581 at 7:40 pm on Apr 23, 2017
Lemon Tiramisu Cake. It was most delicious and the guests all absolutely loved it. It also turned out to be an entertaining table event.
For some reason, I thought the zabaglione and lemon curd would set up quite firmly. Accordingly, I assembled it inside a springform pan, using cake collar, and placed it in the freezer to set up. Then just before transporting it I piped some whipped cream around the top and decorated with some tiny colourful Easter eggs. Voila! Pretty Easter dessert!
Just prior to serving, I removed the (now defrosted) cake from the fridge and plated it. In the minute or so that it took to remove the cake collar and move it to the table, the lemon curd had already begun to liquify. By the time I started cutting the first slice, the curd, along with the frilly piping, began cascading over the sides of the cake like an elegant, slow motion waterfall. What a shame there wasn’t a video camera handy to capture the moment. It was just too funny!
I will definitely be making this cake again, though next time I will plan for serving it out of a pan. Although, just for the sheer entertainment value, it would still be worthwhile serving it as a free-standing layer cake ;o)
Other messages in this thread:
- 29581. My new sandwich: Grilled Richard Sandwich - Richard in Cincy - 10:50pm on 04/22/17 (6)
- You had me at Grilled Richard! This sounds so good. - RuthAB - 2:49pm on 04/23/17
- 1/4 cup. I edited the recipe. So good I had it for breakfast with my tea! [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 4:17pm on 04/23/17
- Thank you Richard. [NT] - RuthAB - 6:37pm on 04/23/17
- Hello Ruth! It's very nice to see you. [NT] - MarilynFL - 5:11pm on 04/23/17
- Hello Marilyn! I want to thank you for posting your lovely recipe for the [LINK] - RuthAB - 7:40pm on 04/23/17
- Thanks for the info on cooking the halves separately - genius! :-) [NT] - LisainLA - 3:46am on 04/25/17