Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Mexican Corn Salad turned out great!
Joined: Nov 26, 2007
Posted to Thread #29579 at 12:43 pm on Apr 24, 2017
I made some tweaks:
Skipped the mayo; I didn't think it needed it. Plus it had to sit out for a long time.
Substituted green chile for the red chile powder. I was in a green chile mood.
Per Michael's suggestion, I used the TJ's fire-roasted corn and added in green onions.
Used three limes instead of two
Used parmesan cheese instead of feta (couldn't find the cotija cheese).
It was a great recipe; very easy and quick.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29579. I'm making this Mexican Corn Salad for a potluck this weekend. [LINK] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 9:03am on 04/21/17 (20)
- Feta is somewhat similar and will work in a pinch if you can't find cojita [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 9:37am on 04/21/17
- You might be surprised about finding the cheese. I went to a small locally owned, mom and pop place - KarenNoCA - 9:52am on 04/21/17
- I made this last summer - my husband can't have fresh - GeorgiaRose - 10:05am on 04/21/17
- I agree with GeorgiaRose. Feta is acceptable, but Parmesan is closer to cotija cheese. - Michael in Phoenix - 11:56am on 04/21/17
- Sorry Michael, I didn't see your post. [NT] - orchid - 12:05pm on 04/21/17
- I'd add 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions too. [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 11:58am on 04/21/17
- And if you have a TJ's in your area, get their frozen fire-roasted corn. Excellent! [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 11:59am on 04/21/17
- I do have TJ's; thanks for the advice! [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 1:11pm on 04/21/17
- Everything I have read says Parm is what should be substituted - orchid - 12:04pm on 04/21/17
- I tried it with feta and was disappointed. I agree with Karen, found it in a small - CynUpstateNY - 12:07pm on 04/21/17
- Thank you so much, everyone. - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 1:13pm on 04/21/17
- I had 2 bad and one excellent experience with cotija cheese. The bad versions - MarilynFL - 8:42am on 04/22/17
- I have a tomato, avocado, grilled corn salad that I love much better than the Mexican Corn Salad - KarenNoCA - 10:06am on 04/22/17
- I like the potato suggestion. [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 4:47pm on 04/22/17
- Mexican Corn Salad turned out great! - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 12:43pm on 04/24/17
- This recipe just came up on Yummly with more ingredients and a different - Charley - 2:37pm on 04/24/17
- There are a lot of ingredients in there which may get watery, plus the avocado which will turn color - KarenNoCA - 10:25am on 04/25/17
- Thank you! [NT] - LisainLA - 10:30am on 04/25/17
- I am making this for a potluck at work tomorrow. Do you think I can make tonight or shall - LisainLA - 11:48pm on 04/24/17
- I made mine the day of, then it sat for several hours. [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 9:41am on 04/26/17