Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Lisa (Hi!)...it can be made ahead. I saute the fresh corn in a bit of butter and so if it's chilled
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #29587 at 12:46 pm on Apr 25, 2017
...I like to zap it for 15 seconds to melt the chilled fat. Otherwise you can sense the hardened butter on your tongue.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
Other messages in this thread:
- 29587. Question about the Mexican Corn Salads - must they be served immediately after prepping? [LINK] - LisainLA - 10:29am on 04/25/17 (8)
- I've even made it the day before, refrigerated covered, and served at room temp. It's best... - Michael in Phoenix - 11:14am on 04/25/17
- Lisa (Hi!)...it can be made ahead. I saute the fresh corn in a bit of butter and so if it's chilled - MarilynFL - 12:46pm on 04/25/17
- We have eaten it for at least two days as a leftover and it was good, even then. Just gets better - KarenNoCA - 6:48pm on 04/25/17
- THank you all. I need to play with this a bit - it was good but I need to punch it up a bit. - LisainLA - 12:58am on 04/26/17
- When I had this originally from a street vendor in Denver they used NM chile powder - Charley - 7:46am on 04/26/17
- Let us know what you come up with. Always interested in a good tweak. [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 10:30am on 04/26/17
- I think next time I will try with butter (not mayo) and Ancho red chile powder. [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 11:32am on 04/26/17
- I made it ahead, but add the cilantro close to serving... - GeorgiaRose - 11:14am on 04/26/17