Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
These Mushroom Cheese Rolls are yummy but kinda rich. I made
Joined: Dec 15, 2005
Posted to Thread #29702 at 3:58 pm on Jun 20, 2017
them when I cooked at Publix Apron's meals. You can use whatever mushrooms you have and the "browning sauce is Maggi brand. Take the heat outside and put the packets in the BBQ.
Edited to add that I use the little rolls so they are slider size.
Mushroom Cheese Rolls
8 Bakery potato rolls
1 (12x24-inch) sheet aluminum foil
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
8 oz pre-sliced fresh baby portabellas
1 teaspoon browning sauce
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
1/2 cup light mayonnaise
8 slices provolone cheese (6 oz)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Split rolls crosswise; arrange bottom halves of rolls in center of foil sheet.
1. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place butter in pan, then add mushrooms, browning sauce, salt, and pepper; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until mushrooms are well browned. Chop parsley.
2. Combine parsley and mayonnaise; spread over both halves of rolls. Divide mushrooms evenly over bottom halves of rolls; top with 1 folded cheese slice and top halves of rolls.
3. Make a foil pouch. Bring up foil sides; then double-fold top and ends to seal. Bake 10 minutes to melt cheese. Serve.
Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we may diet.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29702. ISO ideas for using 1 1/2 lbs sliced shrooms, that I did not use this weekend. Too hot for soup! TIA [NT] - barb_b - 2:21pm on 06/20/17 (17)
- Sautee lightly - freeze [LINK] - colleenmomof2 - 3:17pm on 06/20/17
- Smitten's Mushroom Bourguignon (with my comments) [LINK] - colleenmomof2 - 3:28pm on 06/20/17
- I have some beautiful white mushrooms I forgot to saute for Fathers Day - KarenNoCA - 3:40pm on 06/20/17
- You reminded me of a favorite - asparagus, red pepper, mushrooms, - colleenmomof2 - 8:15pm on 06/20/17
- These Mushroom Cheese Rolls are yummy but kinda rich. I made - orchid - 3:58pm on 06/20/17
- Does anyone have a recipe for a vegetarian mushroom burger than is primarily mushrooms? [NT] - deb-in-MI - 5:30pm on 06/20/17
- oops! Sorry Barb - I meant for this to be a new post...not to take away from your request [NT] - deb-in-MI - 5:31pm on 06/20/17
- Great request! I'm interested in this, too. Hope someone can help! [NT] - colleenmomof2 - 8:16pm on 06/20/17
- Stuffed? Sliced and used for a fresh mushroom salad [NT] - Charley - 7:40pm on 06/20/17
- REC: Penne with Mushroom Pesto - judy-mass - 8:38pm on 06/20/17
- Wild Mushroom Bread Pudding [NT] [LINK] - deb-in-MI - 9:54pm on 06/20/17
- Recipe - Baked Parmesan Mushrooms - blog dam delicious.net [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 11:10pm on 06/20/17
- Sautee, butter, eat. - Richard in Cincy - 4:11am on 06/21/17
- Or eat as is! (nt) [NT] - mistral - 9:44pm on 06/21/17
- Mushroom Fried Rice - Sylvia - 12:09pm on 06/23/17
- Mushroom Pate - Sylvia - 12:13pm on 06/23/17
- Thanks everyone! Made mushroom pate... Appreciate the ideas. (Thx sylvia, I didn't use your rec, - barb_b - 11:12pm on 06/26/17