Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Sous vide bottom round roast
Joined: Aug 15, 2007
Posted to Thread #29714 at 10:08 am on Jun 26, 2017
My first venture and it is so easy it is almost unbelievable. It was about a 3# roast. I did it for 8.5 hours at 131*. I had rubbed it with salt, coarse pepper some chile powder, garlic powder. After cooking it is a gorgeous rare right to the edges, and the edges are peppery. Tested it by slicing very thin and it will be great for sandwiches, French dip, maybe philly steak, and probably a Thai or Viet noodle dish. Will be sure to do one for our beach trip.
Mine is a Nutrichef sous vide circulator--got it on Woot for $70.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29714. Sous vide bottom round roast - Charley - 10:08am on 06/26/17 (5)
- This sounds so good! Glad to hear the report about your sou vide machine. . . - mistral - 6:10pm on 06/26/17
- Me too! [NT] - barb_b - 7:08pm on 06/26/17
- It is really amazing what they have become. I got our kids "something' and they - Charley - 8:14pm on 06/26/17
- trying it soon... hopefully next week! [NT] - SallyBR - 11:51am on 06/27/17
- My sister in law insists on fixing an eye round roast when their side of the family - Charley - 2:50pm on 06/27/17