Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Has anyone made oversize/tiered cheesecake? Can I make it the same as regular cheesecake?
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #29719 at 11:23 pm on Jun 27, 2017
My niece is getting married in the fall and I was going to offer to make her a wedding cake, but she really doesn't like cake and I saw that she pinned this. Cheesecake sounds even easier to make to me — could I just make my standard cheesecake and double or triple whatever it takes to make it in a larger size so I could make something tiered like a wedding cake? Obviously would bake longer in a bigger size but unlike cake I would think I could double or triple the recipe with no problem in quality – right?
Image at the link I posted.
The man who carries a cat by the tail learns something that can be learned in no other way. - MTwain
Other messages in this thread:
- 29719. Has anyone made oversize/tiered cheesecake? Can I make it the same as regular cheesecake? [LINK] - MariaDNoCA - 11:23pm on 06/27/17 (10)
- we had cheesecakes for our wedding! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 6:40am on 06/28/17
- Rose Beranbaum does cheesecake wedding cakes. [LINK] - MarilynFL - 8:19am on 06/28/17
- Marilyn i'll grab it from the library – thank you! [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 2:25pm on 06/28/17
- The back of that book has a wealth of information about serving size, pan size, scaling up/down, etc [NT] - MarilynFL - 9:47am on 06/29/17
- How did you figure how much to make so you had enough? [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 6:44pm on 06/28/17
- Here's a wedding cake planner - Charley - 10:02am on 06/29/17
- Here's a discussion that might help you - Charley - 6:57am on 06/28/17
- I did something very similar for the groom's cake for my daughter's wedding - GeorgiaRose - 3:46pm on 06/28/17
- Thanks just ordered from the library as well! [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 6:52pm on 06/28/17
- What a wonderful idea! Yr picture is stunning. You might even consider making different kinds or [LINK] - wigs - 10:14am on 06/30/17