Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Richard in Cincy||
Aren't Pommes Frites one of the major food groups?
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #29720 at 2:35 pm on Jul 1, 2017
along with ice cream, chocolate, etc.
I require them to be hot and crispy. I tell the server, please cook them extra longer so they are nicely browned, crisp, and served hot or I will send them back. (I don't really send them back, that is gross, I expect a new order. although I did have a waitress reach across my plate and use her hand to rake the fries off my plate onto her tray. After our stunned silence, we got up and walked out the door and did not touch the food that she had just set down on the table.)
Tim then says: "He will; he's not kidding"
And I usually end up refusing about half : cold, limp, greasy. Sad! How hard is it to immediately send a plate of food out when it is put up on the line to serve. (I was a waiter, I know). Yes, sometimes the waiter is busy, but I've watched 10 people standing around watching a plate of food get cold rather than help out and take it to the customer while it is hot.
I never have this problem in Europe!
Other messages in this thread:
- 29720. Has anyone heard that roasting nuts above 250°F causes cancer chemicals to be released? [NT] - oli - 3:02pm on 06/28/17 (10)
- No, but I have now. Acrylamide is the product that is formed and as ususal in - Charley - 4:00pm on 06/28/17
- . . . many other foods, like french fries! (nt) [NT] - mistral - 4:07pm on 06/28/17
- context is everything!! LOL [NT] - Charley - 8:37pm on 06/28/17
- I loves my french fries--especially since I don't eat them all to often! (nt) :-) [NT] - mistral - 9:19pm on 06/28/17
- Exactly--and don't we always search for the place that does the "perfect" ones!! [NT] - Charley - 9:34pm on 06/28/17
- Can you roast at a lower temp? [NT] - oli - 3:43pm on 06/30/17
- Oli, I think what I am saying--and maybe others--the risk is SO miniscule that it - Charley - 6:47pm on 06/30/17
- Aren't Pommes Frites one of the major food groups? - Richard in Cincy - 2:35pm on 07/01/17
- More common substances like refined sugar, salt and refined and denatured grains (white flour)... - Michael in Phoenix - 9:24pm on 06/30/17
- Eating close to the source and close to the natural state of foods would go a long way... - Michael in Phoenix - 9:27pm on 06/30/17