Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Business is business, even in the food world. We may not like it but it is what it is, and
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #29725 at 7:34 pm on Jul 6, 2017
the reason why I support local grower's. They work so hard to grow and provide the food for us. Even the local growers face a tough time. Scary world out there for everything right now.
One thing I do not understand, is a locally owned small market not far from us which has lots of organic, local foods, gluten free, gourmet cheeses, in house prepared delicious foods like chicken enchiladas, pizza, bread, and has a meat counter where everything except chicken is boneless. I cannot find a pork chop, roast, or any cut of beef or pork which has a bone. I am told "no one buys them" Really? I go to our local butcher chop, Raley's, Safeway, and see all sorts of bone in meats. Makes me wonder what the "theys" are doing or experimenting with the bones. Of course this is the same store that will not carry baby arugula, because "no one buys it".
~*Many things will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those*~
Other messages in this thread:
- 29725. Largest garlic producer 30 miles from me, buy garlic from them and see it stamped product of Mexico [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 1:13am on 07/02/17 (9)
- Oh, my! That is a cryin' shame! Go for it: b*tch them out royal! . . . - mistral - 7:54pm on 07/02/17
- At times you could smell the garlic on the wind when I was growing up. I sent them a what give email [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 12:40am on 07/03/17
- Christopher Ranch? That is crazy they are importing! I never thought to check, I buy a couple of - LisainLA - 11:25am on 07/04/17
- Looks as though they import from Spain, Argentina and Mexico. Other articles I saw mention [LINK] - Curious1 - 3:14pm on 07/04/17
- thanks for that explanation - pmassell_93 - 4:55pm on 07/04/17
- Ah yes, the drought. [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 10:30pm on 07/05/17
- Business is business, even in the food world. We may not like it but it is what it is, and - KarenNoCA - 7:34pm on 07/06/17
- Yes, Christopher Ranch. I had no idea they were anything but local. [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 10:29pm on 07/05/17
- I've been told by someone in the biz that "Product of" means where it is packaged. - Joe - 10:41pm on 07/06/17