Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
GayR, Thk U 4 mentioning Jacques Torres' Choc Chip Cookie REC eons ago--10/15/07 to B exact!
Joined: Mar 10, 2006
Posted to Thread #29737 at 4:55 pm on Jul 7, 2017
It "only" took me 10 years to crank the thing out. lol! In truth, a catering client recently called and part of her food request was chocolate chip cookies for her grandkids so I decided to try something new, ran across your recipe suggestion, and promptly went to the Martha Stewart web site and grabbed Jacques Torres' recipe. Those cookies were so good that a couple days after baking Barbara's order (half recipe), I stirred up a half batch for my DH & me. SUPERB!
Jacques Torres's Secret Chocolate Chip Cookies
This delicious recipe for Jacques Torres's secret chocolate chip cookies is one of Martha Stewart's all-time favorites.
1 pound unsalted butter
1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
2 1/4 cups packed light-brown sugar
4 large eggs
3 cups plus 2 tablespoons pastry flour
3 cups bread flour
1 tablespoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
2 pounds Jacques Torres House (60 percent cocoa) Chocolate or other best-quality semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or nonstick baking mats; set aside.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Reduce speed to low and add both flours, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla, and chocolate; mix until well combined.
3. Using a 4-ounce scoop for larger cookies or a 1-ounce scoop for smaller cookies, scoop cookie dough onto prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Bake until lightly browned, but still soft, about 20 minutes for larger cookies and about 15 minutes for smaller cookies. Cool slightly on baking sheets before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29737. GayR, Thk U 4 mentioning Jacques Torres' Choc Chip Cookie REC eons ago--10/15/07 to B exact! [LINK] - wigs - 4:55pm on 07/07/17 (1)
- Well, wigs as the saying goes, "better late than never."LOL So glad that you enjoyed them. [NT] - GayR - 8:02pm on 07/07/17