Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Richard in Cincy||
Tiered tea tray question
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #29740 at 3:08 pm on Jul 7, 2017
I came into possession of a 3 tiered tea tray identical to the one in the link, except it is amber glass, when I purchased my dining room table at an estate sale last year. It's beautiful, but I just don't know what to do with it since it isn't really a tray, it's more like bowls with not much of a flat bottom surface.
What does one serve in this? The bowls are close together so hands cannot reach in, it would require some dainty tongs or spoons to retrieve. Also, since they are bowls, they wouldn't hold tea sandwiches, petit-fours, and the like.
And even though they are bowls, there is a hole in the bottom for the spindle to thread them together, so there would be nothing liquid/drippy/saucy/etc. going in them.
I was thinking candies or nuts in the shell to crack.
But it just seems like there must have been some intended use for such an elaborate presentation.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29740. Tiered tea tray question [LINK] - Richard in Cincy - 3:08pm on 07/07/17 (12)
- I did some searching [LINK] - pmassell_93 - 4:08pm on 07/07/17
- Yes. Fruits would work very well in the bowls. Thanks! [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 5:23pm on 07/07/17
- a couple other things - pmassell_93 - 5:59pm on 07/07/17
- WD-40 may also work on that problem - Charley - 6:31am on 07/08/17
- I think you could serve mints and candies in them. Perhaps very small - Charley - 8:05pm on 07/07/17
- I was going to suggest flower arrangements til I got to the hole in the bottom. - Joe - 6:57pm on 07/07/17
- I've seen this with a variety of candies in them. [NT] - rhoward2va - 9:46am on 07/08/17
- Yes I've seen these with butter mints and the like. Jordan almonds etc. [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 2:42pm on 07/10/17
- huh. Apparently our family must have missed that piece as we accumulated dishes from - MarilynFL - 11:03am on 07/08/17
- Unscrew, take two levels out, attach the topper to the bottom and voila, one usable bowl - CathyZ from Kauai - 12:09pm on 07/08/17
- Sugared fruits, small ornaments and fresh greenery would be beautiful around the holidays. [NT] - MoNJ - 8:27am on 07/14/17
- That is a wonderful image, Mo. It would also work for other holiday themes. [NT] - MarilynFL - 1:28pm on 07/17/17