Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
WD-40 may also work on that problem
Joined: Aug 15, 2007
Posted to Thread #29740 at 10:31 am on Jul 8, 2017
And re-reading it these may indeed be for flowers, even with the screw in.
DMIL used a similar thing (epergne) and put oasis in the bowls to stick the flowers in. In your case, probably put a tray under it in case of dripping, but if it actually screws in, it would probably be okay.
Other messages in this thread:
- I did some searching [LINK] - pmassell_93 - 8:08pm on 07/07/17
- Yes. Fruits would work very well in the bowls. Thanks! [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 9:23pm on 07/07/17
- a couple other things - pmassell_93 - 9:59pm on 07/07/17
- WD-40 may also work on that problem - Charley - 10:31am on 07/08/17
- I think you could serve mints and candies in them. Perhaps very small - Charley - 12:05am on 07/08/17
- I was going to suggest flower arrangements til I got to the hole in the bottom. - Joe - 10:57pm on 07/07/17
- I've seen this with a variety of candies in them. [NT] - rhoward2va - 1:46pm on 07/08/17
- Yes I've seen these with butter mints and the like. Jordan almonds etc. [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 6:42pm on 07/10/17
- huh. Apparently our family must have missed that piece as we accumulated dishes from - MarilynFL - 3:03pm on 07/08/17
- Unscrew, take two levels out, attach the topper to the bottom and voila, one usable bowl - CathyZ from Kauai - 4:09pm on 07/08/17
- Sugared fruits, small ornaments and fresh greenery would be beautiful around the holidays. [NT] - MoNJ - 12:27pm on 07/14/17
- That is a wonderful image, Mo. It would also work for other holiday themes. [NT] - MarilynFL - 5:28pm on 07/17/17