Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
A belated apologetic Thank You...to... someone here.
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #29742 at 3:26 pm on Jul 8, 2017
Yesterday, I pulled out the kitchen stool to reach the topmost shelf in the pantry and moving aside the tortilla press used exactly twice (to two failures) and the manual pizelle iron (never used) I noticed a small jar. Turning it around, it said:
BLACKBERRY LEMON JAM 2013.
I suddenly remembered reading that on the gift jar and thinking THAT would make an amazing thumbprint cookie. So I shoved it on the top shelf to keep Larry from using it with his morning toast.
And then, like so many other things, I forgot about it.
Well, let me tell you, "Kind Person Who Thoughtfully Shared Your Bounty With A Nit Wit Who Completely Forgot It Was There"...IT IS AMAZING.
I had it yesterday with toast, I had it this morning with more toast and also used some as the filling for a Victoria Cake for the neighbor, adding lemon zest and lemon juice to the sugar icing to mimic the flavor of the jam.
Thank you, Kind Friend. I'm sorry you didn't hear this sooner.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29742. A belated apologetic Thank You...to... someone here. - MarilynFL - 3:26pm on 07/08/17 (6)
- This sounds like something Steve2 in LA would make. :( [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 6:59pm on 07/10/17
- I was able to trade chocolate sauce for some of Steve's fig jams. Wonderful! I miss you, you - MarilynFL - 12:16pm on 07/12/17
- Surprised it was still edible :) - Tess - 1:10pm on 07/11/17
- It was vibrant, Tess! Amazing flavor and the hit of lemon perfectly complimented it. [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:20pm on 07/12/17
- Tortilla Press - Richard in Cincy - 3:48pm on 07/11/17
- Yep. Didn't help as my dough was too wet. So I added more masa and then the dough was too dry and - MarilynFL - 12:29pm on 07/12/17