Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Served this salad with the eggplant dish. Yotam recipe but I amended it a little.
Joined: Mar 8, 2006
Posted to Thread #29741 at 8:34 pm on Jul 10, 2017
YOTAM’S ROOT VEGETABLE SLAW (Amended)
Root Vegetable Slaw
2 medium beetroot
3 medium carrots
˝ a celeriac (celery root)
For the dressing:
Juice of half a lemon
4 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp sherry or red wine vinegar
2 tsp caster sugar
a small bunch of coriander, chopped
a small bunch of mint, chopped
a small bunch of flat leaf parsley, chopped
˝ tbsp grated lemon zest
salt and pepper
optional: labneh to serve
Shred the beets, carrots and celriac using a mandolin or food processor, so that you have fine julienned pieces.
Place into a bowl and cover in cool water (do the beets separately to prevent staining)
Make the dressing – lemon juice, olive oil, vinegar and caster sugar in a pan over low heat, until the sugar dissolves. Season with salt and pepper.
Drain the shredded vegetables and dry on paper towel, placing into a dry bowl. Pour warm dressing over the vegetables and leave to sit, covered in the fridge, for 45 minutes.
When ready to serve, remove from fridge, add herbs and lemon zest and adjust seasoning.
Serve with labneh (yoghurt cheese) or as a side to a main meal.
Note: Original recipe also called for kohlrabi and/or fennel. I used only the beets, carrots and celery root.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29741. Tomato Recipes. Another informal cooking class at my community garden. These four recipes - Joe - 11:02pm on 07/07/17 (4)
- Thank you! They look wonderful. Just tried his eggplant with lamb - delicious! [NT] - rhoward2va - 1:42pm on 07/08/17
- Could you post? - Pam - 7:45pm on 07/10/17
- Rec: Stuffed Eggplant with Lamb and Pine Nuts- from Yotam Ottolenghi - rhoward2va - 8:26pm on 07/10/17
- Served this salad with the eggplant dish. Yotam recipe but I amended it a little. - rhoward2va - 8:34pm on 07/10/17