Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Richard in Cincy||
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #29742 at 3:48 pm on Jul 11, 2017
Did you line your tortilla press before pressing the masa? That is the "big" secret for me to making it work. I learned my Mexican tips and tricks from a lady from Monterrey, Mexico. Slit a plastic storage bag large enough to overhang your tortilla plates. Place dough in the center of the bag and center on the plate. Press. Then the tortilla just peels right off the plastic into your hand and onto the griddle.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29742. A belated apologetic Thank You...to... someone here. - MarilynFL - 3:26pm on 07/08/17 (6)
- This sounds like something Steve2 in LA would make. :( [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 6:59pm on 07/10/17
- I was able to trade chocolate sauce for some of Steve's fig jams. Wonderful! I miss you, you - MarilynFL - 12:16pm on 07/12/17
- Surprised it was still edible :) - Tess - 1:10pm on 07/11/17
- It was vibrant, Tess! Amazing flavor and the hit of lemon perfectly complimented it. [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:20pm on 07/12/17
- Tortilla Press - Richard in Cincy - 3:48pm on 07/11/17
- Yep. Didn't help as my dough was too wet. So I added more masa and then the dough was too dry and - MarilynFL - 12:29pm on 07/12/17