Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Yep. Didn't help as my dough was too wet. So I added more masa and then the dough was too dry and
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #29742 at 8:29 am on Jul 12, 2017
Crumbly. I had watched Rick Bayless makes these perfect 4" tortillas (like the kind we had in Mexico) and he made it look SOOOO easy. He said the secret was to add a bit of lard to the dough so I actually processed some lard from scratch just for that recipe. He also used plastic wrap for ease of removal.
I think this is one of those Zen recipes. You just have to keep doing it until magically the Monk turns to you and says "you have reached tortilla enlightenment."
Or Malcolm Gladwell and his 10,000 hours of practice to become a master of...whatever you just spent 10,000 hours doing. I gave up after two failed attempts.
Now the press just sits there, hiding amazing jars of gift jam.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
Other messages in this thread:
- 29742. A belated apologetic Thank You...to... someone here. - MarilynFL - 11:26am on 07/08/17 (6)
- This sounds like something Steve2 in LA would make. :( [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 2:59pm on 07/10/17
- I was able to trade chocolate sauce for some of Steve's fig jams. Wonderful! I miss you, you - MarilynFL - 8:16am on 07/12/17
- Surprised it was still edible :) - Tess - 9:10am on 07/11/17
- It was vibrant, Tess! Amazing flavor and the hit of lemon perfectly complimented it. [NT] - MarilynFL - 8:20am on 07/12/17
- Tortilla Press - Richard in Cincy - 11:48am on 07/11/17
- Yep. Didn't help as my dough was too wet. So I added more masa and then the dough was too dry and - MarilynFL - 8:29am on 07/12/17