Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Cherry Chipotle Sauce
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #29748 at 9:53 am on Jul 13, 2017
* Exported from MasterCook *
Cherry Chipotle Sauce
Recipe By :Tim, Epi chatter from UK
Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :1:00
Categories : Condiments And Marinades Sauces
Tried & True
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 1/4 Pounds Sweet Cherries -- pitted
4 Chipotle Peppers -- see notes
4 Cloves Garlic -- chopped
1/8 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
1/8 Teaspoon Dried Thyme
Pinch Cumin Seed -- crushed
1 Bay Leaf
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Cup Cider Vinegar
1/4 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon Sea Salt -- or to taste
Soakthe chipotles in boiling water for 30 minutes (if dried), or less if simply frozen. Drain and deseed, then puree with the garlic, herbs, cumin and cherries. (don't puree the bay leaf)
Heat the oil, fry the puree in the oil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, and simmer for 30 minutes, until quite syrupy.
Place into clean, sterilized jars while still hot, and seal. It can be kept in the refrigerator for several months like this, or for longer storage, or pantry storage, process in boiling water bath for 20 minutes.
Use as a glaze for grilled pork, or as a relish for any cold roasted meat. The creator also suggests that it is remarkably good over ice cream!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 938 Calories; 32g Fat (28.1% calories from fat); 10g Protein; 173g Carbohydrate; 14g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 1919mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Vegetable; 5 1/2 Fruit; 5 1/2 Fat; 4 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
NOTES : I used frozen home-smoked chipotles. 4 made a sauce with quite a bite, but not intolerable.
Every good dish deserves a good pot.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29748. Strawberry-Pineapple Jam - Richard in Cincy - 3:48pm on 07/12/17 (14)
- I've been making a mix of blueberry and blackberry jelly. I now have some blueberries - Charley - 4:18pm on 07/12/17
- I made some cherry chipotle one year that was good with pork, but don't - Melissa Dallas - 8:40pm on 07/12/17
- I have a cherry chipotle sauce recipe - judy-mass - 7:16am on 07/13/17
- Thanks for the ideas. - Richard in Cincy - 8:51am on 07/13/17
- Richard, you should give the chili flavored ones a try with ice cream! [NT] - judy-mass - 9:57am on 07/13/17
- Seriously, uh, no... - Richard in Cincy - 2:56pm on 07/14/17
- Something that is good for an appy with chevre is green tomato jam. - Charley - 12:13pm on 07/13/17
- Richard, Scroll down for Cantaloupe Peach Conserve [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 8:55am on 07/13/17
- Interesting, I just found another recipe for similar last night.. - Richard in Cincy - 2:52pm on 07/14/17
- Richard, They all sound so good..... [NT] - GayR - 4:39pm on 07/14/17