Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Apricot Chipotle Jelly
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #29748 at 9:55 am on Jul 13, 2017
* Exported from MasterCook *
Recipe By :Judy Nevius
Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Canning, Preserves, Etc. Condiments And Marinades
Jams & Jellies Tried & True
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2 Large Red Bell Peppers -- stemmed & seeded
3 Or 4 Chipotle Peppers (See Note) -- stemmed & seeded
2 Cups Cider Vinegar
1 1/2 Cups Dried Apricots -- chopped
6 Cups Sugar
3 Ounces Liquid Pectin
4 Drops Red Food Coloring -- optional
Put the bell peppers and finely chopped chipotles into a blender of food processor with half the vinegar. Puree or pulse until coarsely ground with small chunks remaining.
Place the pureed peppers and the remaining vinegar, apricots, and sugar into a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Boil rapidly for 5 minutes. Remove from heat; skim off any foam that forms.
Allow mixture to cool for 2 minutes. Then mix in pectin and food coloring if you are using it.
Pour into sterilized jars and seal. (I processed the sealed jars in a water-bath for 10 minutes.) Cool.
Yield is about 7 half-pint jars.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 5240 Calories; 1g Fat (0.2% calories from fat); 9g Protein; 1363g Carbohydrate; 22g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 41mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Vegetable; 8 Fruit; 82 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
NOTES : I did not use canned chipotles in adobo, rather I used ones I'd smoked and then frozen. Quantity is a matter of taste, and how hot your peppers are. 4 will make a pretty hot jelly.
Every good dish deserves a good pot.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29748. Strawberry-Pineapple Jam - Richard in Cincy - 3:48pm on 07/12/17 (14)
- I've been making a mix of blueberry and blackberry jelly. I now have some blueberries - Charley - 4:18pm on 07/12/17
- I made some cherry chipotle one year that was good with pork, but don't - Melissa Dallas - 8:40pm on 07/12/17
- I have a cherry chipotle sauce recipe - judy-mass - 7:16am on 07/13/17
- Thanks for the ideas. - Richard in Cincy - 8:51am on 07/13/17
- Richard, you should give the chili flavored ones a try with ice cream! [NT] - judy-mass - 9:57am on 07/13/17
- Seriously, uh, no... - Richard in Cincy - 2:56pm on 07/14/17
- Something that is good for an appy with chevre is green tomato jam. - Charley - 12:13pm on 07/13/17
- Richard, Scroll down for Cantaloupe Peach Conserve [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 8:55am on 07/13/17
- Interesting, I just found another recipe for similar last night.. - Richard in Cincy - 2:52pm on 07/14/17
- Richard, They all sound so good..... [NT] - GayR - 4:39pm on 07/14/17