Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
mexican queso fresco
Joined: Dec 31, 1969
Posted to Thread #29749 at 5:33 pm on Jul 13, 2017
has a similar consistency to some feta and is very mild not "mexicany" i.e. spicy/chili flavored (NOT)
also, an Italian chef friend of mine once made me a homemade ricotta cheese. It wasn't like the liquidy stuff from the supermarket. But you could probably use that with a cheese cloth to get rid of moisture and the flavor would be similar to feta.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29749. Please help me find a substitution for Feta in a broccoli slaw I'm making this weekend - deb-in-MI - 4:40pm on 07/13/17 (7)
- mexican queso fresco [IMAGE] - pmassell_93 - 5:33pm on 07/13/17
- Ricotta Salata or cotija. - judy-mass - 6:18pm on 07/13/17
- I'd leave the cheese out of the broccoli altogether. Crispy bacon would be nice there. [NT] - MarilynFL - 7:29pm on 07/13/17
- thanks for the ricotta salata clarification - pmassell_93 - 11:26am on 07/14/17
- I'm with Marilyn. Leave it out. [NT] - Charley - 8:54pm on 07/13/17
- I like shredded cheddar for the broccoli slaw.Will add nice color.Agree with Marilyn, add bacon too! - MoNJ - 8:23am on 07/14/17
- Perfect! Thank you everyone! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 8:27am on 07/14/17