Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Here's Mark Ruhlman's Pie Ratio: 3:2:1 (flour, fat, liquid)
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #29753 at 6:19 pm on Jul 14, 2017
Your recipe has equal parts flour & fat (5 oz each)...plus the sour cream can count as both liquid and fat).
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
Other messages in this thread:
- 29753. Need help with this recipe - oli - 6:12pm on 07/14/17 (8)
- Here's Mark Ruhlman's Pie Ratio: 3:2:1 (flour, fat, liquid) [LINK] - MarilynFL - 6:19pm on 07/14/17
- I use this ratio: 2 cups flour, 1 cup buttter, 1/2 C liquid + I add 1/4 C sugar [NT] [LINK] - MarilynFL - 6:20pm on 07/14/17
- Thanks for the rapid response and help, but I would rather work with this recipe for now. [NT] - oli - 6:25pm on 07/14/17
- Then, yes...1 cup of flour makes 1 crust, 2 cups makes 2 crusts (normal size) - MarilynFL - 6:29pm on 07/14/17
- I've made this single crust and it was quite wonderful - Chris Kimball's Milkstreet recipe [NT] - oli - 6:34pm on 07/14/17
- What was your filling? Don't you just love a positive outcome! [NT] - MarilynFL - 8:31am on 07/17/17
- Some good data points from Serious Eats [NT] [LINK] - MarilynFL - 6:26pm on 07/14/17
- That's a really interesting article--and I didn't know he did the CI "research" about using vodka. [NT] - Charley - 6:13am on 07/15/17