Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Then, yes...1 cup of flour makes 1 crust, 2 cups makes 2 crusts (normal size)
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #29753 at 6:29 pm on Jul 14, 2017
not two 10" deep dish.
Good luck. It sounds like it will be very tender (short).
Let us know how it turns out.
By the way, if you're planning on blind baking it, put the rolled crust in the pie pan in the refrigerator for 30 minutes while the oven preheats. You want the butter cold when it hits the hot oven.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
Other messages in this thread:
- 29753. Need help with this recipe - oli - 6:12pm on 07/14/17 (8)
- Here's Mark Ruhlman's Pie Ratio: 3:2:1 (flour, fat, liquid) [LINK] - MarilynFL - 6:19pm on 07/14/17
- I use this ratio: 2 cups flour, 1 cup buttter, 1/2 C liquid + I add 1/4 C sugar [NT] [LINK] - MarilynFL - 6:20pm on 07/14/17
- Thanks for the rapid response and help, but I would rather work with this recipe for now. [NT] - oli - 6:25pm on 07/14/17
- Then, yes...1 cup of flour makes 1 crust, 2 cups makes 2 crusts (normal size) - MarilynFL - 6:29pm on 07/14/17
- I've made this single crust and it was quite wonderful - Chris Kimball's Milkstreet recipe [NT] - oli - 6:34pm on 07/14/17
- What was your filling? Don't you just love a positive outcome! [NT] - MarilynFL - 8:31am on 07/17/17
- Some good data points from Serious Eats [NT] [LINK] - MarilynFL - 6:26pm on 07/14/17
- That's a really interesting article--and I didn't know he did the CI "research" about using vodka. [NT] - Charley - 6:13am on 07/15/17