Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Help with roasting zucchini and summer squash please
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #29755 at 9:55 am on Jul 15, 2017
I am not a fan of zucchini unless it's in a cake.
However, for company tomorrow I thought I would slice each into 1/3" rounds and bake at high heat (425) for about 10 minutes, then top w/ Parmesan for a quick broil to brown. Have never done this - will it work/be good?
Other messages in this thread:
- 29755. Help with roasting zucchini and summer squash please - deb-in-MI - 9:55am on 07/15/17 (10)
- Not exactly what you are looking for, but for your consideration. Traca's posted rec: Zucchini Tart [LINK] - barb_b - 10:45am on 07/15/17
- Thanks Barb! - sorry if it wasn't clear...just din't know if roasted slices for 10 minutes - deb-in-MI - 10:52am on 07/15/17
- Hmm... I have only roasted individual zucchini slices to add to a dish. Never used them on their - barb_b - 11:00am on 07/15/17
- Deb, use small or med zucchini/yellow squash and brush with oil - CathyZ from Kauai - 12:19pm on 07/15/17
- Thanks Cathy.... - deb-in-MI - 12:48pm on 07/15/17
- I just tested this - delicious - deb-in-MI - 1:10pm on 07/15/17
- Excellent! Broiling was the answer. Congratulations [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 3:08pm on 07/15/17
- Here's a recipe I make often: Zucchini Snack Pizzas - rhoward2va - 4:00pm on 07/15/17
- Excellent! Enjoy your picnic! [NT] - barb_b - 7:35pm on 07/15/17
- I'm definitely not sure, but I think they might be thin and rubbery/tough after heating. - Charley - 11:21am on 07/15/17