Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|CathyZ from Kauai||
Oh I think you might do something more than toasts/croutons, Colleen. How about this for instance?
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #29771 at 11:52 am on Jul 29, 2017
This is a fabulous recipe that was posted here on the board. I have made it several times and it is very easy. Get a couple pork tenderloins and the other ingredients, put together, cut the baguettes to size, truss up and freeze to make later. Don't drizzle the oil at the end of the recipe until roasting later. I have done this and it works great. Just thaw before roasting.
PORK TENDERLOIN IN A BAGUETTE
1 pork tenderloin
sprinkle of sea salt, 1 heaping Tbsp Herbs de Provence
8 slices Prosciutto (or use hard salami)
1 good French baguette (at least 3” diam.)
Preheat oven to 375. Pat the pork dry and season lightly with salt then sprinkle the Herbs de Provence all over the pork. Then wrap half of the prosciutto around the pork. Cut the baguette so it is the same length as the pork then cut lengthwise but not all the way through, scooping out as much bread as possible. Drizzle oil on the baguette. Slather pesto on. Place the pork inside the loaf and wrap the remaining prosciutto around the outside of the baguette. Tie with string along the length of the baguette. Drizzle with oil. Roast for 40-45 minutes, turning once. Let rest for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29771. 2 bakery French baguettes - what would you do with them? - colleenmomof2 - 9:51am on 07/29/17 (9)
- Baguettes are really made to be used the same day for fresh. Toasts will work if you - Charley - 11:05am on 07/29/17
- Oh I think you might do something more than toasts/croutons, Colleen. How about this for instance? - CathyZ from Kauai - 11:52am on 07/29/17
- Or a pan bagnat? - Charley - 4:49pm on 07/29/17
- Great suggestion! Ended up making Muffuletta for our lunch - colleenmomof2 - 8:11pm on 07/29/17
- AND of course, bread pudding--which can also masquerade as overnight baked French toast for breakfas [NT] - Charley - 12:17pm on 07/30/17
- ;) Love, love pork tenderloin in a baguette! - colleenmomof2 - 7:56pm on 07/29/17
- Wait, I have made that! Or something similar with bacon! It was seriously yummy! dh is doing - barb_b - 12:45pm on 07/30/17
- Found the rec: Herbed Pork Tenderloin in Baguette. [NT] [LINK] - barb_b - 6:41am on 07/31/17
- Rec: Pork Tenderloin in Baguette - barb_b - 3:34pm on 07/31/17