Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Rec: Pork Tenderloin in Baguette
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #29771 at 3:34 pm on Jul 31, 2017
Herbed Pork Tenderloin in a Baguette
Serves 4 - 6
1 pork tenderloin
Sprinkle of sea salt
1 heaping tablespoon Herbes de Provence (We use Taste of Provence)
8 slices of prosciutto
1 good French baguette (not too skinny- about 3 inches in width)
Extra virgin olive oil (for drizzling)
(String to truss the baguette)
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Pat the pork dry and season lightly with salt then sprinkle half of the Taste of Provence all over the pork.
3. Next, wrap 4 slices of prosciutto around the pork.
5. Cut the baguette so it's the same length as the pork. Then cut the baguette lengthwise but not all the way through, scooping out as much of the inside of the bread as you can.
6. Drizzle olive oil inside the bread on both sides and sprinkle with the remaining Taste of Provence.
7. Place the pork inside the loaf and then wrap the remaining slices of prosciutto around the outside of the baguette.
8. Tie with string along the length of the baguette to keep in place and then drizzle more olive oil over the baguette on both sides - be generous.
9. Roast for 40 - 45 mins - turning once to make sure both sides are crispy.
10. Let rest for at least 10 minutes. Slice before serving.
Other messages in this thread:
- 29771. 2 bakery French baguettes - what would you do with them? - colleenmomof2 - 9:51am on 07/29/17 (9)
- Baguettes are really made to be used the same day for fresh. Toasts will work if you - Charley - 11:05am on 07/29/17
- Oh I think you might do something more than toasts/croutons, Colleen. How about this for instance? - CathyZ from Kauai - 11:52am on 07/29/17
- Or a pan bagnat? - Charley - 4:49pm on 07/29/17
- Great suggestion! Ended up making Muffuletta for our lunch - colleenmomof2 - 8:11pm on 07/29/17
- AND of course, bread pudding--which can also masquerade as overnight baked French toast for breakfas [NT] - Charley - 12:17pm on 07/30/17
- ;) Love, love pork tenderloin in a baguette! - colleenmomof2 - 7:56pm on 07/29/17
- Wait, I have made that! Or something similar with bacon! It was seriously yummy! dh is doing - barb_b - 12:45pm on 07/30/17
- Found the rec: Herbed Pork Tenderloin in Baguette. [NT] [LINK] - barb_b - 6:41am on 07/31/17
- Rec: Pork Tenderloin in Baguette - barb_b - 3:34pm on 07/31/17