Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
T&T Rachael Ray Braised Mustard Greens
Joined: Apr 10, 2006
Posted to Thread #29818 at 8:20 pm on Aug 24, 2017
This always works for me:
4 slices bacon, chopped
3 bunches mustard greens, trimmed (strip tender leaves off of stems) and chopped
2 TBL white vinegar
2 tsp sugar
2 cups chicken broth
In a large skillet over medium high heat, brown bacon and render its fat. Add chopped greens to the pan in batches, and turn until they wilt, then add more greens. When all of the greens are in the pan, add vinegar and cook a minute. Season greens with sugar and salt. Add chicken broth to the pan, cover, reduce heat to medium low and simmer greens 15-20 minutes, then serve.
My special touch, after simmering, I uncover the pan so broth concentrates. Mmm...
"A brandy for the Chef!"
Other messages in this thread:
- 29818. A friend just dropped off a huge bag of mustard greens. I had planned to saute - CynUpstateNY - 7:51pm on 08/24/17 (4)
- T&T Rachael Ray Braised Mustard Greens - Marianne - 8:20pm on 08/24/17
- That flavor would be tempered in a quiche or frittata, yes? Behind cheese and eggs, it would be a - Traca - 6:33am on 08/25/17
- Haven't seen you for a while Traca - so nice to see you post:) [NT] - deb-in-MI - 10:16am on 08/25/17
- Thanks! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 7:31pm on 08/25/17