Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
No Maria. This has an electric compressor. Takes 50 minutes starting with
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #29821 at 12:29 am on Aug 27, 2017
a cold base, but then it's perfect. Some have been slightly soft right out of the machine, but after ripening in the freezer, they're perfect for scooping. The strawberry/raspberry is outstanding. The pistachio would have been perfect if I would have strained out the pistachio meal and just added whole pieces at the end. Flavor is wonderful, but texture is gritty.
I had the base all chilled and waiting for that Amazon Prime delivery and DAMN...wouldn't you know it. Since the mechanism has coolant, it has to sit in an upright position for 24 hours before using.
It has an ice cream dasher AND a gelato dasher. I made the pistachio as a gelato and honestly can't tell the difference at this point.
The only thing I'm finding weird is--toward the last 10 minutes--the churned ice cream hits the lid. Now I would have thought that the people who DESIGNED the machine would develop RECIPES that fit exactly to the canister they've made!
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
Other messages in this thread:
- 29821. My thanks to *charlie* and Pat in NoCA for reminding me just how much I wanted a *real* - MarilynFL - 8:07pm on 08/26/17 (9)
- Is this the kind you have to freeze the bowl for 24 hours? [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 8:14pm on 08/26/17
- No Maria. This has an electric compressor. Takes 50 minutes starting with [LINK] - MarilynFL - 12:29am on 08/27/17
- Filled to the very top - colleenmomof2 - 1:06pm on 08/27/17
- Good for you Marilyn! I have this machine too. I love it. Do yourself a favor - MoNJ - 3:37pm on 08/27/17
- Thanks, Mo. I already own Jeni's book and am still researching which chocolate recipe I want to use - MarilynFL - 10:37pm on 08/28/17
- Yay, I'm so happy you chose one of those ice cream machines. Pretty fun, - Pat-NoCal - 12:36am on 09/01/17
- Have you tried Aint Tee's Luscious Lemon Ice Cream posted by Traca? - Pat-NoCal - 1:14am on 09/01/17
- No, but i will. I'm going to make Jeni's milk chocolate next. [NT] - MarilynFL - 2:41pm on 09/04/17
- Please report back on Jeni's milk chocolate. Haven't tried it yet. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 5:50pm on 09/04/17