Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Lana in FL||
charlie's Blueberry cheesecake, with blueberry jam on top!
Joined: Oct 9, 2007
Posted to Thread #29822 at 3:32 pm on Aug 27, 2017
So, so good!
NO-BAKE BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE WITH GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST
Serving Size : 10
9 whole graham crackers
1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
3 tablespoons packed golden brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons unsalted butter -- melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin -- (measured from 2 envelopes)
12 ounces cream cheese -- room temperature
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
3 cups fresh blueberries
1 cup heavy whipping cream -- chilled
1 tablespoon sugar
4 1/2 pint blueberries
2/3 cup blueberry jam
Preheat oven to 350°F. Blend first 4 ingredients in processor until graham crackers are finely ground. Add butter and vanilla; process until moist crumbs form. Press crumb mixture onto bottom and 1 inch up sides of 9-inch-diameter springform pan. Bake crust until deep golden brown, about 12 minutes. Cool.
Pour 1/4 cup water into small saucepan; sprinkle gelatin over. Let stand 10 minutes. Stir over very low heat just until gelatin dissolves. Set aside.
Blend cream cheese, cream, sugar, and lemon juice in processor until smooth. Add berries; puree until smooth (some blueberry bits will remain). With machine running, add warm gelatin mixture through feed tube and blend well. Pour filling into crust. Cover; chill overnight. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Keep chilled.) Run knife around pan sides to loosen cake. Release pan sides. Transfer to platter.
Beat cream and sugar in medium bowl until firm peaks form. Spread cream mixture thickly over top of cheesecake. Place berries in bowl. Heat jam in small saucepan over low heat until just melted. Pour jam over berries; toss to coat. Mound coated berries in center of cream, leaving 1-inch plain border. Chill cake at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.
NOTES : Chill this overnight to develop the blueberry flavor and give the filling time to set.
Link: charlie's Blueberry Cheesecake
Other messages in this thread:
- 29822. While I'm at it can we start a blueberry thread? What's your favorite blueberry recipes? [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 8:10pm on 08/26/17 (29)
- I'll tell you that blueberry jam is a REAL treat. [NT] - Charley - 12:16am on 08/27/17
- I like to add lightly cooked blueberries to blueberry jam - colleenmomof2 - 1:11pm on 08/27/17
- From the box, rinsed and in the mouth :-) - colleenmomof2 - 1:09pm on 08/27/17
- charlie's Blueberry cheesecake, with blueberry jam on top! [LINK] - Lana in FL - 3:32pm on 08/27/17
- And My oh My! Blueberry Pie from Sandy in Baltimore [LINK] - Lana in FL - 3:34pm on 08/27/17
- Yep, Definitely agree with this one. [NT] - MarilynFL - 10:34pm on 08/28/17
- REC: Blueberry Buckle - judy-mass - 8:38pm on 08/27/17
- REC: Blueberry Wine Sauce - judy-mass - 8:40pm on 08/27/17
- REC: Blueberry Carrot Picnic Cake - judy-mass - 8:42pm on 08/27/17
- My family's all time favorite muffin recipe... Jordan Marsh Blueberry Muffins - judy-mass - 8:44pm on 08/27/17
- My mom's Blueberry Crunch Cake (from Elaine Wiggins)--see link [NT] [LINK] - wigs - 5:54pm on 08/28/17
- Blueberry Pecan Sour Cream Coffee Cake posted by Sandi In Hawaii - wigs - 6:20pm on 08/28/17
- trying to get the recipe from daughter [IMAGE] - pmassell_93 - 2:42am on 08/29/17
- Oh, that must have been a very tasty cake for a non-cake lover to have enjoyed. I look forward to - wigs - 2:35pm on 08/29/17
- Adorable. [NT] - MarilynFL - 11:55am on 08/30/17
- my smile for the day:) [NT] - deb-in-MI - 10:14am on 08/31/17
- neither of us could find the recipe but I'm pretty sure it had sour cream... [LINK] [IMAGE] - pmassell_93 - 8:30pm on 08/31/17
- Your daughter has good taste. I've made the raspberry version from Epi. Very [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 12:29am on 09/01/17
- good find looks like it was adapted from there [NT] - pmassell_93 - 2:36pm on 09/01/17
- Fresh Blueberry and Lemon Cream Tart - wigs - 6:27pm on 08/28/17
- REC: CI's BEST BLUEBERRY PIE WITH FOOLPROOF PIE DOUGH as posted by deb-in-MI - wigs - 6:40pm on 08/28/17
- Rec: Blueberry Kuchen - rhoward2va - 8:23pm on 08/28/17
- Maine Blueberry Syrup - rhoward2va - 8:24pm on 08/28/17
- Mini Blueberry Crumb Tarts - rhoward2va - 8:26pm on 08/28/17
- Blueberry French Toast Cobbler, - rhoward2va - 8:29pm on 08/28/17
- Blueberry Dutch Baby - rhoward2va - 8:31pm on 08/28/17
- Steve2/LA's Blueberry Lemon Bread....delicious [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 12:45am on 09/01/17
- Rec: Blueberry-Lemon Tart - Pat-NoCal - 1:02am on 09/01/17
- Recipe: Blueberry Crunch Coffee Cake [NT] [LINK] - Olga_D_Ont - 9:43pm on 10/16/17